The chief as seen in-game
Decades ago, he used to live in the city, but when the former chief of the village passed away, he was called back to take over for him since there was nobody to replace him.
When Link speaks to him for the first time, Dovok will mention that he has heard about Link's journey and reveals to the young hero about a secret path west of the village that leads to the Forest Sanctuary, the place where Gage, one of the Lokomo, lives. The path, which is known as the Lost Woods, is an enchanted area where, if Link takes the wrong path, he will end up right back where he started. As such, the chief recommends to Link that he speak to the villagers to get more information about how to get past the woods and thus reach the sanctuary.
After the Ocean Temple is completed, Link can go speak to Orca in Papuchia Village who says she is looking for a husband. Link can bring Dovok to her and, after they introduce each other, they will promptly marry. Although the chief worries about how the village will sustain without him being there, he shrugs the thought off and goes on to say that they will somehow manage without his aid. As a sign of gratitude for bringing the two together, Orca will reward Link with a Force Gem that reveals more Spirit Tracks in the Forest Realm.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ドヴォーク (Dovōku)||Derived from 土木 (doboku), meaning "earth and wood"|
|FrenchEU||Chef du village||Chief of the Village|
|SpanishEU||Jefe de la Aldea Floral||Flowery Village Chief|
- "I heard the village chief fell in love and got married. I also heard that his wife is a real looker. ...You can't tell just by looking at me, but I'm burning with jealousy." — Morris (Spirit Tracks)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 288 (ST)
- "I actually used to live in the city back in the day. But when the old village chief passed away, there was nobody to replace him. So they called me back here to take over for him. That was decades ago..." — Dovok
- "So you want to get to the Forest Sanctuary, do you? There's a path we locals usually take. Just go west of this village to find it." — Dovok (Spirit Tracks)
- "But listen, young fellow-- it's called the Lost Woods for a good reason. One wrong step, and boom! You go right back to the entrance. Talk to the locals here. They can tell you what you need to know." — Dovok (Spirit Tracks)