When Link first approaches Impa's home in Kakariko Village, Dorian and his fellow guard Cado will take a defensive stance and demand he identify himself. However, once they notice the Sheikah Slate in Link's possession, the two relax their stances and apologise. He will explain that Impa informed them about the swordsman and asks that Link head inside to meet with her. Cado and Dorian will step aside to allow Link passage and Dorian reveals that for ages Impa has been waiting for his return. While he wishes to speak to Link as well, he asks that the hero first see the elder.
Dorian implores Link to use the Sheikah Village's resources to his advantage. He also mentions the Ta'loh Naeg Shrine on a hill above his settlement, as well as the Great Fairy Fountain, which he refers to as the location of Kakariko Village's Guardian Spirit. Dorian admits that does not dare to try and contact the Great Fairy himself, but recommends that Link search for her.
Once Link has spoken to Impa, Dorian and Cado will begin to take shifts guarding the elder's home. Cado will return to his post at 11:00 PM in the evening, allowing Dorian to go home at midnight to his daughters, Koko and Cottla. At home, Dorian will take a seat and remove his umbrella hat. He explains that his wife was murdered by the Yiga Clan. He mourns her death and admits his great displeasure as his inability to protect her. Eventually, Dorian will fall asleep in his chair. Although the girls will wake up and leave at 5:00 AM, they avoid waking their father to instead visit their mother in their own ways. At 8:00 AM, he will wake up and go to tell his daughters stories. However, he admits that those stories are always the same. If Link speaks to the family while they are under the favourite Tree of Dorian' wife, Dorian will introduce his girls. While he loves their time together, he admits that he only ends up repeating stories to them. If Link asks about these stories, Dorian will share one of them. Quietly, he'll admit to Link that he is talking about where the Village's Guardian Spirit is and that he is trying to keep the girls from going there. However, it only seems to work on Koko, as Cottla instead gets excited. At 11:00 AM, the girls run off and Dorian returns to Impa's home.
When Paya's Sheikah Heirloom is stolen by the Yiga Clan, Dorian sneaks off at 10:00 PM to confront the thief and is, unbeknownst to him, followed by Link. After the Yiga Clan thief is defeated, Dorian reveals that he used to be part of the Clan himself before he met his wife and had his daughters. Dorian tried to change his ways and leave the Yiga Clan for the Sheikah Tribe, but the Yiga Clan killed his wife in retaliation. With the lives of his children on the line Dorian continued to serve as an informant within the Sheikah for the Yiga Clan, including telling them about Link. Filled with grief, he eventually decided to cut ties with the Yiga Clan completely, but the Yiga Clan threatened the lives of Impa and Paya as well. After the Yiga Blademaster who stole the Impa family's Heirloom is defeated and Link uses it to open the Lakna Rokee Shrine, Dorian offers his apologies and asks that Link keeps it a secret for his children's sake.
Dorian's namesake comes from, and is only one letter off, durian, however he has no connections to the in-game item, the Hearty Durian.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "My wife...the mother of my children... she was killed by the Yiga Clan. That is why Koko now acts as Cottla's mother." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Are you taking a break as well, Master Link? If so, allow me to introduce my precious daughters, Koko and Cottla." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Dorian" — N/A (Breath of the Wild)
- "You there! Who are you?! How dare you trespass upon Lady Impa's abode!" — Cado (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please forgive us for behaving so rudely." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Of course we have heard the legends from Lady Impa herself. Please, friend... Go ahead and step inside." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Impa has been waiting on you for a long time." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "There is much I would like to tell you as well... But first, please hurry and see what Lady Impa has to say." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you need anything, please find it here in our village. The clothing shop, materials shop, general shop, and inn should be able to provide everything you need." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, and just between you and me, there's also a shrine in the hills of this village." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "They say up and behind those hills resides Kakariko's guardian spirit. I hear she's incredibly beautiful." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm too intimidated to go see for myself, though... It's said that she offers a special blessing to those that visit her... You should go there and see for yourself." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, Master Link... It's gotten so late." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "If only... If only I had been able to stop them..." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm off to meet my daughters. I'm going to tell them stories about our village under the tree my wife so loved." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "My stories are always the same though. I hope they don't mind!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Any moment I can spend with my girls is a gift. I always end up boring them with the same stories, though." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's a shrine right above this hill, guarding the Sheikah tribe. Sometimes from the forest behind it, you can hear... a woman sobbing! ...Heh! That's the story I'm telling the children right now, anyway." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Actually, the location I speak of is where the village's guardian spirit resides. But lately monsters have been lurking there, and it's become quite dangerous. I'm scaring my daughters so they won't go near the forest..." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "It works on Koko, but for some reason, those stories just excite Cottla..." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! Well, if it isn't Master Link. I'll go back to guarding Lady Impa's home now. The Yiga Clan has been snooping around, so please be careful, Master Link." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I am...a member of the Yiga Clan. Or I used to be, anyway. But then I met the most incredible woman who blessed me with two amazing children." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "And so I tried to change my ways. Tried to leave the clan. But the Yiga... They took my wife's life as punishment." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "I couldn't let them hurt my children, so I used my position as gatekeeper to gather information for the Yiga. I told them about you and about the village in exchange for safety." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "But my grief over losing my wife consumed me, and I finally decided to cut ties with the Yiga completely!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "But the Yiga are pure evil. They told me they would kill both Impa and Paya if I didn't play along!" — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Master Link, I... I'm very sorry for all of this. I know it's a selfish request, but do you think you could keep what really happened a secret? I truly don't deserve mercy, but I don't want my children, Koko and Cottla, to suffer anymore." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)