|Location(s)||Sale's House O' Bananas|
|Use(s)||Trading for Bananas(LA)|
In Link's Awakening, the Dog Food is the third item in the trading sequence. YipYip will give Link this can of Dog Food in return for a Ribbon. The can of Dog Food can then be given to the hungry Sale on Toronbo Shores, who then gives Link a bunch of Bananas as thanks.
The Minish Cap
A Bottle of Dog Food also appears in The Minish Cap. If Link sneaks behind the counter in Stockwell's Shop using his Minish abilities, Link can pick up the Bottle of Dog Food. Stockwell will tell Link that he can keep the Bottle if Link feeds his dog Fifi since he is too busy to do it himself. Fifi can be found inside Stockwell's home in the Lake Hylia region, where it can be fed with the Dog Food.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ドッグフード (Doggu Fūdo)||Dog Food|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 121(LA | TMC)
- "Make-up! Jewels! Dresses! I want it all! Sigh... And some new accessories would be nice... Oh! That Ribbon! I need it! Will you trade for my dog food?" — YipYip (Link's Awakening DX)
- "What's that you have?! It's canned food! For heaven's sake, man, give that to ME!! PLEASE! He's hysterical! What do you do?" — Sale (Link's Awakening DX)
- "If you feed Fifi, then I guess you can have the bottle." — Stockwell (The Minish Cap)
- "Stockwell complains that he's been too busy lately to see his dog, Fifi." — Figurine description (The Minish Cap)
|Link's Awakening Trade Sequence|
|Yoshi Doll > Ribbon > Dog Food > Bananas > Stick > Honeycomb > Pineapple > Hibiscus > Letter > Broom > Fishing Hook > Necklace > Scale > Magnifying Lens|