Divine Beast Vah Rudania (Quest)
|Divine Beast Vah Rudania (Quest)|
|"Free the Divine Beasts"|
Sent by Impa to Free the Divine Beasts from Calamity Ganon's influence, Link enters the Eldin region to confront the Divine Beast Vah Rudania, which now crawls along the rockface of Death Mountain and is plaguing the Gorons below. Link's Quest brings him to Goron City, where he meets Bludo, the Boss of the Gorons. Bludo says that he has been using Cannons to drive away Vah Rudania, but it always returns. Bludo had planned to use the Cannon again, but is unable to due to his sore back. Earlier he had sent his partner, Yunobo, to the Abandoned North Mine to retrieve him some painkillers, but has yet to return. Bludo then sends Link in his stead to find Yunobo, beginning the first stage of the "Divine Beast Vah Rudania" Main Quest.
Link enters the Mine and learns from Drak the miner there that Yunobo had went inside the Vault. However, Link finds that the Goron is now trapped inside due to a rockslide. Using a nearby Cannon, Link blasts the rocks away and approaches Yunobo. Although Yunobo at first thinks he is a monster, he soon calms down and thanks Link for freeing him before leaving to deliver Bludo his painkillers. Link meets up with Bludo at Goron City and is given three Fireproof Elixirs as a reward for helping Yunobo. Bludo also tells him about Daruk, the deceased Goron Champion who piloted the Divine Beast Vah Rudania 100 years ago. Link is then directed to a statue of Daruk and remembers a Memory of him. However, even after receiving the painkillers, Bludo's back is still too sore to attack Vah Rudania. He tells Link to find Yunobo, who had went on ahead to the Bridge of Eldin, and tell him the news.
At the Bridge, Link finds Yunobo is being attacked by a pair of Black Moblins and fends them off. Yunobo is upset to hear that Bludo cannot come, but is surprised when Link tells him that he wants to board Vah Rudania. Although hesitant at first, Yunobo agrees that they could weaken Vah Rudania by using the Cannons stationed around Death Mountain — Link would operate the Cannons, while Yunobo acts as the cannonball using Daruk's Protection. Together they lower the Bridge of Eldin by blasting Yunobo at it with the nearby Cannon, which Bludo had rose earlier to prevent Vah Rudania from crossing over.
As Link and Yunobo enter Death Mountain, Vah Rudania deploys Sentries to hinder their progress. The Sentries shine spotlights along the mountain path which, should Link or Yunobo be caught, will cause Vah Rudania to furiously unleash Magma Bombs at them. Link and Yunobo agree to sneak past them, using a plan where Link would Whistle to make Yunobo stop and go. Together the pair scale the Mountain, sneaking by the Sentries and destroying some of them along the way. The pair come across three Cannons that they use to fire at Vah Rudania. After using the third Cannon, Vah Rudania becomes disabled and falls into Death Mountain's crater, allowing Link to glide down and board it.
Inside the Divine Beast, Link is guided by Daruk's spirit to activate all of its Terminals and finally its Main Control Unit. As Link approaches the Unit, he is suddenly confronted by Fireblight Ganon and battles it. Link manages to defeat the boss, releasing Vah Rudania from Ganon's influence and regaining full control of it. Daruk then appears to Link in spirit and gives him Daruk's Protection in gratitude. With the Divine Beast now in his control, Daruk drives Vah Rudania to Death Mountain Summit where it takes aim at Calamity Ganon toward Hyrule Castle.
Back in Goron City, Yunobo thanks Link and guides him to Bludo, who has something to give him. Bludo thanks Link for returning Vah Rudania to normal, and leaves him with Daruk's sword, the Boulder Breaker, which is stored inside of a Treasure Chest in Bludo's house. This completes the Main Quest.
|1||Bludo, Boss of Goron City, wants to challenge the marauding Divine Beast Vah Rudania, but his backache is too severe.|
What's worse, Yunobo has yet to return from the Abandoned North Mine with the painkillers he was sent to fetch.
|2||You met Drak in the Abandoned North Mine, who told you that Yunobo left for the vault deep in its reaches. That's the last anyone has seen of Yunobo...|
Mount a search operation for Yunobo, who was headed for the vault.
|3||You met Yunobo in the Abandoned North Mine.|
Yunobo hurried back to Goron City to deliver the painkillers Bludo needs for his backache.
You should go speak to Bludo to collect your reward.
|4||Bludo thanked you for helping Yunobo. After taking the painkillers, Bludo was about to go challenge Divine Beast Vah Rudania, but then his back started hurting again. No one will be challenging the Divine Beast today, it seems.|
Yunobo has already gone ahead to the Bridge of Eldin, so you must meet him there to let him know about this change of plans.
|5||You helped Yunobo fend off monsters at the Bridge of Eldin before telling him that Bludo's plan had been called off.|
You still need to get inside the Divine Beast somehow, though... The best way forward may be to lower the Bridge of Eldin.
|6||Yunobo used Daruk's Protection to act as a cannonball. The Bridge of Eldin has been lowered!|
All you need to do now is to cross the Bridge of Eldin and drive Divine Beast Vah Rudania into the crater.
|7||Sentries now patrol Death Mountain to eliminate intruders.|
Avoid their notice as you lead Yunobo to the cannons to drive Divine Beast Vah Rudania into the crater.
|8||Defeating Fireblight Ganon freed the spirit of Daruk, Champion of the Goron race. He has piloted the Divine Beast to the summit of Death Mountain in preparation for the assault on Ganon.|
Seeing this, a relieved Yunobo returned to his home in Goron City. You should go there and tell Bludo all that has happened.
|Complete||You reported your success in restoring the Divine Beast Vah Rudania to its true self. Peace has finally returned to Goron City.|
In addition, you received the Champion Daruk's might and can now use Daruk's Protection.
- "Divine Beast Vah Rudania" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do ya see Rudania stompin' around up there on the mountain?" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't tell ya how many times we've used the cannon to chase off that fiend." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I was plannin' to drive off Rudania like I always do, but then this blasted pain in my back flared up outta nowhere..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "He went to grab some painkillers for my back from the Abandoned North Mine, but he hasn't come back yet..." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Huuuuh? Boss does?! Well... Then I guess I better tell you wheeeeere Yunobo is! Yunobo...went to the vault to fetch some painkillers. But now that ya mention it, I suppooooose he never came back. This place is daaaaangerous, so ya probably shouldn't go lookin' for him." — Drak (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah! It's the tiny traveler! Yunobo told me all about how you helped him, brother. Here's a reward for ya. Hylians like you need this sorta thing, right?" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "OK then. Well, I took my painkillers, so I guess it's time to meet up with Yunobo. I mean no disrespect to Daruk's legacy, but if I'm not there to give that Rudania a good walloping... [...] Are ya really tellin' me that ya don't know about Daruk? The Goron Champion?! See that statue up there? That's Daruk!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right, that's enough outta me. Time to go drive off Rudania! Arrrgh... Youch... Owwwowow... [...] Oh, yeah, just peachy. Dumb traveler. OF COURSE I'm not OK. Owww... Arghhh... I'm afraid I won't be goin' anywhere today." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I hate to put you on the spot, but... can ya please go tell Yunobo that I'm gonna have to cancel for today? He should be at Eldin Bridge." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "WHAT?! You're gonna try to board the Divine Beast? Who do you think you are...Lord Daruk? It's dangerous in there, goro! Though I guess if you weakened it first, it might be possible... But...why risk it?! [...] Hmm. Well, I don't really get it, but I'm sure you have your reasons, goro..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It occurs to me that YOU know how to use the cannons! Don't you, goro? Maybe we CAN get across after all... So let's just do what I do to help Boss sometimes. That means I'm gonna be the cannonball! And you'll launch me, goro! [...] I've got Daruk's Protection, goro! My ancestor's help can't possibly fail me!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The problem is...good ol' Boss raised the Bridge of Eldin to make sure that mean Divine Beast couldn't get over here." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh... Yikes... A sentry is always a nuisance, no matter where it is or how many of them there are." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "If one finds you, Rudania will go nuts, which will cause Death Mountain to erupt, goro. I...always get spotted, and then magma bombs come raining down one after another." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "That was so cool! You really put a licking on that thing, Link! It's time to finish the job! This is our big chance!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I wanna give you something. It's a special power of mine called Daruk's Protection. It's no good to me now that I'm a spirit... but it might be useful for you." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm gonna take this down the mountain. I'll have a better shot at Ganon there. And then, once you've made your way into Hyrule Castle, we're gonna light that thing up!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, that oughta do it! We're set here, now we just gotta wait for the perfect shot. Once Link is in the castle, Rudania will unleash an epic blast. Ganon won't know what hit 'im!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Brother! Thanks so much for appeasing Rudania, goro! I don't exactly know what you were doin' in Rudania, but... Well...it seems to have calmed down, goro! Ya know... While I was up there, I coulda sworn I saw Lord Daruk standin' on top of Rudania! I wonder... Was that his ghost?! I dunno how to explain it, but somehow I feel a lot braver now, goro! Oh! That's right! I talked to Boss about you, and he said to bring you to him! An order from Boss can't be refused. Move it, goro!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "... Oh, right! I've still gotta thank you, brother! There's some treasure in my house. Grab it. Keep it. It's yours. It's a sharp blade that Daruk himself once wielded. I'm sure you'll be able to make good use of it!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)