Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Divine Beast Vah Rudania
- This article is about the Divine Beast and dungeon. For the Main Quest, see Divine Beast Vah Rudania (Quest).
|Divine Beast Vah Rudania|
|Game(s)||Breath of the Wild|
|Quest Reward(s)||Daruk's Protection|
The Divine Beast Vah Rudania was created 10,000 years ago by the Sheikah, along with the other three Divine Beasts and Guardians, to combat Calamity Ganon. Four Champions were picked to pilot the Divine Beasts, who launched a full-scale attack on Ganon, headed by a princess and a hero wielding the Master Sword. Their efforts were successful and Ganon was sealed away for a time.
110 years before the present, the Royal Family of Hyrule was warned by a fortune teller of Calamity Ganon's return. The Divine Beasts were rediscovered after being excavated, and four Champions were chosen to pilot them in a repeated battle of the past — the Goron Champion Daruk was chosen to operate Vah Rudania. It was also during this time that Vah Rudania served as the protector of the Goron Tribe of Eldin. However, despite Link's, Princess Zelda's, and the four Champions' best efforts and preparations, Calamity Ganon surprised them by corrupting and taking control of the Divine Beasts. Daruk was killed by Fireblight Ganon, a being created by Calamity Ganon to seize control of Vah Rudania. The losing battle resulted in Link collapsing and taken to the Shrine of Resurrection to recover, while Princess Zelda fended off Ganon alone for the next 100 years.
100 years later, Calamity Ganon continues to hold influence over the Divine Beasts and Guardians. Divine Beast Vah Rudania now climbs along the rockface of Death Mountain, plaguing the Gorons below by causing Death Mountain's eruptions to worsen and launching Magma Bombs. Consequently, the Gorons' mining operations have declined as a result. The Gorons have resorted to using Cannons to drive away Vah Rudania, but it always returns. While visiting Eldin on his quest to free the Divine Beasts from Ganon's influence, Link meets Bludo, the Gorons' Boss, who is partly responsible for driving Vah Rudania away. Bludo had planned to use the Cannon at Death Mountain on Vah Rudania, but had sent his partner, Yunobo, to retrieve painkillers for his sore back. Link finds Yunobo at the Abandoned North Mine. However, even after delivering the painkillers, Bludo is still too sore to operate the Cannon and is forced to cancel. Link finds Yunobo again, but tells him that he wants to board Vah Rudania. The pair then decide to launch an assault on Vah Rudania, using the Cannons stationed around Death Mountain and Yunobo as the cannonball, to weaken and disable it. Together they lower the Bridge of Eldin to reach the mountain, which Bludo had previously rose to prevent Vah Rudania from crossing over.
After Link disables and reaches the Divine Beast Vah Rudania, he eventually confronts Fireblight Ganon and defeats it, returning full control of the Divine Beast to Daruk's spirit. With Vah Rudania under his control again, Daruk operates the Divine Beast to climb to Death Mountain Summit where it takes aim at Calamity Ganon toward Hyrule Castle. Daruk later unleashes Vah Rudania's attack when Link confronts Calamity Ganon in Hyrule Castle, inflicting 12.5% of damage upon Calamity Ganon. When combined with the other freed Divine Beasts' attacks, the assault inflicts 50% of damage total.
Entrance to the Divine Beast
After crossing the Bridge of Eldin, Link and Yunobo begin their scale to attack the Divine Beast Vah Rudania. However, Vah Rudania deploys Sentries to hinder their progress, requiring that Link and Yunobo sneak by or destroy some of the Sentries to resume their scale. Otherwise, if any of them are caught, Vah Rudania will furiously unleash Magma Bombs at them. The pair must travel to Death Mountain's three Cannons, using each them to fire at Vah Rudania to weaken it. After using the third Cannon, Vah Rudania falls into Death Mountain's crater, allowing Link to board it.
Once Link has entered it the first time, Vah Rudania becomes a Travel Gate point which Link can return to at any time until he has completed the dungeon. Upon its completion, Link can no longer enter the interior of Vah Rudania, and warping to it takes him to Death Mountain Summit instead.
After entering Divine Beast Vah Rudania, Link activates a Guidance Stone and creates a Travel Gate to Vah Rudania. Daruk then speaks to him in spirit, guiding him the way to another Guidance Stone that will give Link a Map of the Divine Beast.
The interior of Vah Rudania is initially pitch dark inside. Inside its walls are numerous Glowing Eyeballs. Shooting their eyes will destroy them and make a Treasure Chest appear in their place. The interior of Vah Rudania is split into three sections; in the first section, shooting the Glowing Eyeballs will drop Treasure Chests containing five Ice Arrows, a Dragonbone Boko Club, and a Torch. In the second section, Treasure Chests containing a Knight's Bow and a set of ten Arrows altogether can be found. To progress through these sections, Link must light a Weapon with Blue Fire from a lantern in the first section and use it light the other lanterns to open grated doorways. In the third section, Link finds the Guidance Stone that will give him the Divine Beast's Map.
After receiving the Map, Link is able to manipulate Vah Rudania from the Sheikah Slate's Map. Pressing the purple dials will cause Vah Rudania to change its position by flipping onto its side. Doing so will change the orientation of its interior and exterior and allow Link to reach areas he could not previously before. Receiving the Map also opens the shutters on Vah Rudania's back, bringing light into its interior. Daruk instructs Link that he must find and activate each of Vah Rudania's five Terminals to fully regain control of it. Vah Rudania's Terminals are located in and on various places of its body.
After activating all of the Terminals, Link is directed by Daruk to Vah Rudania's Main Control Unit, which is situated on its backside. As Link approaches the Unit, he is suddenly engaged by Fireblight Ganon and forced into a battle. After defeating Fireblight Ganon, a Heart Container drops and full control of Vah Rudania is regained. Daruk then appears to Link as a spirit and grants him Daruk's Protection in gratitude.
Minor Enemies and Traps
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||神獣 ヴァ・ルーダニア (Shinjū Va Rūdania)||Divine Beast Va Rūdania|
Rūdania is a corruption of ダルニア (Darunia).
- "The four Divine Beasts are the ancient Sheikah weapons wielded by the four Champions who Ganon defeated." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The people thought it wise to utilize their technological prowess to ensure the safety of the land, should Calamity Ganon ever return. They constructed four mechanical wonders to be known as the Divine Beasts." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Divine Beasts were piloted by four individuals of exceptional skill from across the land. And thus, the plan to neutralize Ganon was formed." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Upon Ganon's inevitable return to Hyrule, the princess and the hero fought alongside these four Champions against this ancient evil. The Guardians were tasked with protecting the hero as the Divine Beasts unleashed a furious attack upon their terrible foe. And when the hero wielding the sword that seals the darkness delivered his final blow... The princess used her sacred power to seal away Calamity Ganon." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Reports keep arriving regarding the excavation of relics. The fortune teller's predictions seem to be coming true. Calamity Ganon was not a figure of fable, or even of legend. He actually existed in our great land of Hyrule. We must investigate all the relics, learn as much as we can. But understanding the Divine Beasts alone will take time... Zelda's eyes lit up like a wildfire when I told her about the relics... I must admit, she has a knack for research." — King Rhoam's Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "But there was also...a prophecy. "The signs of a resurrection of Calamity Ganon are clear. And the power to oppose it lies dormant beneath the ground." We decided to heed the prophecy and began excavating large areas of land. It wasn't long before we discovered several ancient relics made by the hands of our distant ancestors. These relics, the Divine Beasts, were giant machines piloted by warriors." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Divine Beast Vah Rudania, controlled by Daruk of the Gorons." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "They say 100 years ago, it actually used to protect our people from harm... but that was then, and this is now!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The princess, her appointed knight, and the rest of the Champions were on the brink of sealing away Ganon... But nay... Ganon was cunning, and he responded with a plan beyond our imagining. He appeared from deep below Hyrule Castle, seized control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, and turned them against us." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Watch yourself now! That ugly pain in the crag is Ganon's handiwork. Thing got the best of me a hundred years ago." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Somehow, Ganon has maintained control over all four Divine Beasts, as well as those Guardians swarming around Hyrule Castle." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Do ya see Rudania stompin' around up there on the mountain?" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "With Rudania runnin' wild recently, Death Mountain's eruptions have gotten real bad." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "We used to mine by the summit, but with that lizard monster launchin' those magma bombs at everything..." — Bohrin (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now all it does is mess up our mining operations! We're all suffering because it's stoppin' us from doin' business!" — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't tell ya how many times we've used the cannon to chase off that fiend." — Bludo (Breath of the Wild)
- "WHAT?! You're gonna try to board the Divine Beast? Who do you think you are...Lord Daruk? It's dangerous in there, goro! Though I guess if you weakened it first, it might be possible... But...why risk it?! [...] Hmm. Well, I don't really get it, but I'm sure you have your reasons, goro..." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! It occurs to me that YOU know how to use the cannons! Don't you, goro? Maybe we CAN get across after all... So let's just do what I do to help Boss sometimes. That means I'm gonna be the cannonball! And you'll launch me, goro! [...] I've got Daruk's Protection, goro! My ancestor's help can't possibly fail me!" — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The problem is...good ol' Boss raised the Bridge of Eldin to make sure that mean Divine Beast couldn't get over here." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'm gonna take this down the mountain. I'll have a better shot at Ganon there. And then, once you've made your way into Hyrule Castle, we're gonna light that thing up!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Let's go, little guy! Now! Open up wide, Ganon!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh... Yikes... A sentry is always a nuisance, no matter where it is or how many of them there are." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "If one finds you, Rudania will go nuts, which will cause Death Mountain to erupt, goro. I...always get spotted, and then magma bombs come raining down one after another." — Yunobo (Breath of the Wild)
- "The terminals that control Rudania are noted by the glowing points on your map. To take back Rudania, you'll need to activate all of the terminals." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "Nice! That was the last terminal! Now go ahead and start up the main control unit!" — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)
- "I wanna give you something. It's a special power of mine called Daruk's Protection. It's no good to me now that I'm a spirit... but it might be useful for you." — Daruk (Breath of the Wild)