Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Divine Beast Vah Naboris (Quest)
|Divine Beast Vah Naboris|
|Reward||Scimitar of the Seven|
|"Forbidden City Entry"|
Once Link has disguised himself as a woman and gained entry to Gerudo Town by completing the "Forbidden City Entry" Main Quest, he can start this Quest by finding Lady Riju, a young Gerudo child who is Chief of the Gerudo. The young Gerudo Chief can be found in the palace in Gerudo Town, sitting upon the throne beside the captain of the guard, Buliara. When Link approaches them, Buliara will stop Link and demand him to explain his business there. Riju will quickly tell Buliara to hold on, noticing that Link is more than a common traveler and asks for his name. Link tells Riju his name and that he can calm the Divine Beast Vah Naboris, which has been recently threatening the people in Gerudo with its lightning. Riju questions if Link is powerful enough to subdue a Divine Beast and mentions that only the Champions like Lady Urbosa are capable of controlling the Divine Beasts, though they died in the Great Calamity 100 years ago. Riju then recalls her mother speaking of a fallen swordsman that was placed into a deep sleep by the Princess of Hyrule when the Calamity happened. She also recalls that the swordsman's name was Link, hesitantly wondering if the Link before her is that same swordsman.
If Link is not carrying the legendary sword, Buliara will point out that Link is not carrying the sword from those same legends. Riju agrees that he does not appear to be carrying the sword that seals the darkness, stating that Princess Zelda hid it in a forest. She then notices the Sheikah Slate on Link's hip, pointing out that the Sheikah would not give something so valuable to just anybody. Buliara mentions that she does not recall hearing of a Hylian woman among the Champions before quickly realizing that Link is actually a man. Riju states that it is a great crime for a man to enter Gerudo Town, but Riju dismisses this with the Sheikah Slate being enough proof for her that Link is a Champion. She tells Link that they would never mistreat a friend of Lady Urbosa and that they are allies if he is here to help subdue Naboris.
Riju informs Link that they have yet to find a way to appease Naboris. She reasons that if Link truly is a Champion, then he may be able to enter Naboris and calm its anger. Buliara urges Riju not to trust a stranger with such an important task, suggesting that he prove himself worthy by recovering the stolen Thunder Helm. Riju agrees with this suggestion and proceeds to explain that the Thunder Helm is the only thing in Hyrule that can withstand the lightning from Naboris. Buliara assures Lady Riju that recovering the stolen Thunder Helm should be an easy task for Link if he is truly a Champion. Buliara tells Link that Captain Teake in the barracks nearby can tell him about the thieves who stole the Thunder Helm. Before he leaves for the barracks, Riju says that Link's arrival must be a sign that Lady Urbosa is looking out for them.
Teake will inform Link that the thieves are known as the Yiga Clan and that their Hideout is in Karusa Valley. To reach this secret base, Link must pass through Karusa Valley at the risk of being attacked by several Yiga Footsoldiers. Once inside, Link must sneak past a few rooms full of Yiga Blademasters. Should Link get caught, he will be swarmed with Yiga members who will attempt to kill him. If Link is discovered and subsequently dies, he will have to start over from the beginning. Once Link successfully reaches the end of the Yiga Clan Hideout, he will face the leader of the Yiga Clan, Master Kohga. After defeating this boss, Link will be gifted a Treasure Chest containing Riju's Thunder Helm.
Once Link returns to Riju with the Thunder Helm, she will tell him to meet her at the Lookout Post south of Gerudo Town to prepare for the attack on Naboris. Before leaving, she mentions that the only way to get close to Naboris is by riding a Sand Seal. When Link arrives to the outpost, Riju will be there waiting for him, equipped with the Thunder Helm. She will tell Link of her plan to take advantage of the fact that Naboris draws energy from the ground, indicating they must damage its feet in order to temporarily subdue it. She also warns Link to stay close to her to avoid getting shocked by Naboris and gives him some Bomb Arrows. Before they begin, Riju holds her arms skyward and declares that she will calm Naboris. She then gathers power by asking her ancestors to aid her and specifically asks Lady Urbosa for her protection.
Link and Riju then must ride Sand Seals into the sandstorm toward Naboris, where Link must shoot the each of the Divine Beast's feet twice with Bomb Arrows in order to weaken it. Naboris will periodically charge its lightning attack, aiming to strike Link with lightning. To avoid taking damage, Link must ride his Sand Seal close to Riju so that Riju's Thunder Helm absorbs the lightning and leaves him unharmed. Once Link has shot all four of the mechanical beast's legs, it will temporarily power down and stop walking. During this time, the body of Naboris will lower enough for Link to reach its entrance.
Once inside the Divine Beast, it will resume moving and Link will hear Urbosa speaking to him. After downloading the dungeon's Map, finding all five Terminals and activating the Main Control Unit, Link must fight Thunderblight Ganon. After defeating this malicious scourge, Urbosa's soul will appear and thank Link for his valor and skill. Urbosa rewards Link with her special ability, Urbosa's Fury. Upon returning to Riju to deliver the news, she is relieved that Vah Naboris is no longer a threat. As thanks for Link's help, Riju offers Link priceless pieces of equipment that were once used by Urbosa. Before Riju is done speaking, she mentions that it is right for Link to have them because he and Urbosa were once friends and the Quest will be complete. Link will find two Treasure Chests behind Riju's throne. The one on the left contains the Scimitar of the Seven and the one on the right contains the Daybreaker Shield. Should the Scimitar of the Seven break, Link can bring it to Buliara to repair it in exchange for one Diamond, five Flint and a Gerudo Scimitar.
|1||The leader of the Gerudo, Lady Riju, asked for your help in conquering Divine Beast Vah Naboris.|
Before you can confront the Divine Beast, the Gerudo need help recovering the chief's heriloom, which has been stolen. Captain Teake in the solders' barracks has the latest information on the thieves.
|2||After speaking with Captain Teake, you learned that the thieves are hiding out in Karusa Valley, but the hideout itself has not been scouted by any of the soldiers.|
Gather additional information from the soldiers, and then head for the thieves' hideout.
|3||You've arrived in the thieves' hideout! You can sense many people waiting within—you would be at a disadvantage if a fight were to break out.|
Sneak into the hideout, and recover the Gerudo chief's heirloom.
|4||You retrieved the chief's heirloom from the thieves' leader!|
It's time to head back to Gerudo Town and return the heirloom to Riju!
|5||At last you are ready to take on the Divine Beast Vah Naboris. Head for the lookout post where Riju is waiting for you.|
Riju has told you that a fight with the Divine Beast will go much more smoothly for one who knows how to sand-seal surf.
|6||You defeated the Thunderblight Ganon lurking deep within the Divine Beast Vah Naboris!|
Urbosa's Divine Beast Vah Naboris has taken up a position in the eastern region of the Gerudo Desert.
Make your way back to Gerudo Town, and report to the chief of the Gerudo, Riju!
|Complete||You've reported to Riju that you've conquered Divine Beast Vah Naboris!|
You've learned how to use Urbosa's Fury, one of the Champions' blessings.
- "Divine Beast Vah Naboris" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)
- "You stand before Lady Riju, chief of the Gerudo! Declare your business, but come no closer!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hold on, Buliara... This one appears to be more than a common traveler. You there—what is your name?" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Divine Beast Vah Naboris, cloaked in a massive sandstorm, hurling lightning at any who dare approach." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "You think you have what it takes to subdue something so powerful as a Divine Beast?" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "The only ones who could ever control them were the Champions like Lady Urbosa. And all of the Champions died in the Calamity 100 years ago." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Buliara, a memory just jumped into my head—something my mother spoke of. When the Calamity happened, the princess of Hyrule placed a fallen swordsman into a deep sleep." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "That swordsman, much like our new friend here, was named Link...though it always seemed more legend than fact." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "But, Lady Riju! Do those same stories not also say that the Hylian Champion carried a legendary sword? I see no such weapon in this person's care." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "They do indeed... If I recall correctly, it was called the sword that seals the darkness." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Princess of Hyrule supposedly hid it away in a forest somewhere." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "What of the device on this one's hip? It appears to be a precious relic of the Sheikah." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "I can't imagine they would give something so valuable to a simple drifter—can you?" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "...I don't remember ever hearing of a Hylian vai among the Champions. Wait a moment... You're a voe!" — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "A voe within our walls is a great crime. But a voe who is a Champion..." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, we'd never mistreat a friend of Lady Urbosa. And if you're here to help us with Naboris, then we are allies." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "We have to do something to stop it, but we have yet to find any way to appease the Divine Beast on our own." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you truly are a Champion, perhaps you will be able to enter Naboris and calm its anger" — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lady Riju! I don't see how you can trust a complete stranger with something as important as this task." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Perhaps if this person were first to prove his worth by recovering your stolen Thunder Helm..." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ah, yes... An interesting suggestion. You see, there is only one thing in all of Hyrule that can withstand the lightning from Naboris. The Thunder Helm, a family heirloom and relic of the Gerudo. But as Buliara says, it was stolen from us." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "You needn't worry, Lady Riju. If he truly is a Champion, this should be an easy task for him." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "Our soldiers can tell you all you need to know about the thieves who stole Lady Riju's heirloom. Head through this arch. It will lead you to the barracks. Then, seek our Captain Teake, and ask for a full report." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)
- "I take heart in having such a rare visitor as yourself. Lady Urbosa must be looking out for us." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "We know the Yiga Clan hideout is in Karusa Valley, but we can't find a way to get in..." — Teake (Breath of the Wild)
- "I'll head out now. Let's meet up at the lookout post south of town." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "There's only one way to get close to Naboris, and that's with the help of a sand seal." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Naboris draws energy from the ground to keep moving. If you damage the feet, I think you can stop it." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "You'll have to stay close if you don't want to be shocked." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Here are some Gerudo bomb arrows. There aren't many, so be sure to put them to good use." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "My name is Riju, descendant of the royal line and leader of the Gerudo people! With the power of the heirloom passed down in my family, I shall calm the Divine Beast Vah Naboris." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Ancestors of the Gerudo! Answer my call! Aid me in this task! Oh, wow! I can feel their power coursing through me! Lady Urbosa... Please grant Link and me your protection..." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "One thing at a time. You'll need a map to find your way around. Head over to that Guidance Stone over there. Sounds easy, right?" — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks to your valor and skill, my soul is free and Naboris is ours once again. Which means that finally...we can complete what we started years ago." — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Please accept this gift, which has come to be known as Urbosa's Fury" — Urbosa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Naboris is no longer a threat to the town... I'm still worried about the larger threat to Hyrule, but at least my people won't be troubled by Naboris anymore." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "I want to offer you these as thanks for your help. I trust you'll accept them. These pieces of equipment are priceless treasures of the Gerudo people. They were once worn by Lady Urbosa." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "Since you and Lady Urbosa were friends, it's only right that you have them." — Riju (Breath of the Wild)
- "To make a Scimitar of the Seven, I'll need one diamond, five flint, and a Gerudo scimitar." — Buliara (Breath of the Wild)