Divine Beast Vah Medoh
- This article is about the Divine Beast. For the Main Quest of the same name, see Divine Beast Vah Medoh (Quest).
|Divine Beast Vah Medoh|
Divine Beast Vah Medoh in the sky
The Divine Beast Vah Medoh was created over 10,000 years ago by the Sheikah, along with the other three Divine Beasts and Guardians, to combat Calamity Ganon. Four Champions were picked to pilot the Divine Beasts, who launched a full-scale attack on Ganon, headed by a princess and a hero wielding the Master Sword. With their overwhelming technological might, their efforts were successful and Ganon was sealed away for a time.
110 years before the events of Breath of the Wild, the Royal Family of Hyrule was warned by a fortune teller of Calamity Ganon's return. In preparation of stopping Ganon's return, the Divine Beasts were rediscovered after being excavated and four Champions were chosen to pilot them. The Rito Champion, Revali, was chosen to operate the Divine Beast Vah Medoh. It was also during this time that Medoh served as the protector of the Rito people of Rito Village. However, despite Link's, Princess Zelda's and the four Champions' best efforts and preparations, Calamity Ganon surprised them by corrupting and taking control of the Divine Beasts. Revali was defeated by Windblight Ganon, a being created by Calamity Ganon to seize control of Medoh. The losing battle resulted in Link becoming mortally wounded and being taken to the Shrine of Resurrection to recover while Princess Zelda fended off Ganon alone while Link was dormant in the Slumber of Restoration.
A century later, Calamity Ganon's power grew strong enough to remotely control the Divine Beasts once more even in his imprisonment. Under Calamity Ganon's control, the Divine Beast Vah Medoh flies over Rito Village in the Hebra Region, threatening the inhabitants of Rito Village with the fear of being shot down by its cannons if they fly too high. This continues until Link arrives and subsequently liberates Vah Medoh from Ganon.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||神獣 ヴァ・メドー (Shinjū Va Medō)||Divine Beast Vah Medoh|
Medō is a corruption of メドリ (Medori), Medli's Japanese name.
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "The four Divine Beasts are the ancient Sheikah weapons wielded by the four Champions who Ganon defeated." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The people thought it wise to utilize their technological prowess to ensure the safety of the land, should Calamity Ganon ever return. They constructed four mechanical wonders to be known as the Divine Beasts." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Divine Beasts were piloted by four individuals of exceptional skill from across the land. And thus, the plan to neutralize Ganon was formed." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Upon Ganon's inevitable return to Hyrule, the princess and the hero fought alongside these four Champions against this ancient evil. The Guardians were tasked with protecting the hero as the Divine Beasts unleashed a furious attack upon their terrible foe. And when the hero wielding the sword that seals the darkness delivered his final blow... The princess used her sacred power to seal away Calamity Ganon." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Reports keep arriving regarding the excavation of relics. The fortune teller's predictions seem to be coming true. Calamity Ganon was not a figure of fable, or even of legend. He actually existed in our great land of Hyrule. We must investigate all the relics, learn as much as we can. But understanding the Divine Beasts alone will take time... Zelda's eyes lit up like a wildfire when I told her about the relics... I must admit, she has a knack for research." — King Rhoam's Journal (Breath of the Wild)
- "But there was also...a prophecy. "The signs of a resurrection of Calamity Ganon are clear. And the power to oppose it lies dormant beneath the ground." We decided to heed the prophecy and began excavating large areas of land. It wasn't long before we discovered several ancient relics made by the hands of our distant ancestors. These relics, the Divine Beasts, were giant machines piloted by warriors." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "The princess, her appointed knight, and the rest of the Champions were on the brink of sealing away Ganon... But nay... Ganon was cunning, and he responded with a plan beyond our imagining. He appeared from deep below Hyrule Castle, seized control of the Guardians and the Divine Beasts, and turned them against us." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Good Luck! That thing is one of Ganon's own, and it plays dirty! It defeated me 100 years ago... but only because I was winging it." — Revali (Breath of the Wild)
- "The champions lost their lives. Those residing in the castle as well. The appointed knight, gravely wounded, collapsed while defending the princess... And thus, the kingdom of Hyrule was devastated absolutely by Calamity Ganon. However... The princess survived...to face Ganon alone." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)
- "Somehow, Ganon has maintained control over all four Divine Beasts, as well as those Guardians swarming around Hyrule Castle." — King Rhoam (Breath of the Wild)