Features and Overview
Situated in the Fire Realm, the station can only be accessed after taking the Goron child in Goron Village to Hyrule Castle Town, who will express his gratitude by giving Link a Force Gem, thus revealing the Spirit Tracks to Disorientation Station.
Link must climb to the upper levels of the station by using the Song of Birds and the Whip to hold onto the trapeze that are being carried by the birds flying nearby. Eventually, he will spot a Guard standing near a cave, who reveals to Link that he and a friend had heard of about a golden treasure. However, while they were searching for it, they stumbled into a monstrous plant, which caused him to get frightened and run away, leaving his other soldier friend behind. The soldier then asks the young hero to go in the cave for him and look for his friend, giving Link a hint on how to get to the treasure since the cave is a sort of labyrinth: if Link goes through the southern opening, he will find himself back at the beginning, which leads to the cave's exit. By going north, he will eventually arrive to the treasure that is waiting to be discovered. Before Link goes in, the guard tells him he can keep the treasure as long as he finds his friend.
The inside of a cave consists of various rooms that are connected in a maze-like fashion. The north, west, and east entrances of the maze lead Link to other rooms that, if navigated in the correct order, will lead Link to the treasure the guard spoke of. From the cave's entrance, all the young hero must do is go north, then east to find himself in a room with two Fire Babas that are positioned right across each other. At the northeast corner is a rocky tile, where, if the Song of Discovery is played, it will reveal a treasure chest containing an Alchemy Stone, the so-called "golden treasure."
Fate of the Guard's Friend
South of the room containing the treasure is an engraving written on stone. If Link reads it, he will discover that it was written by the soldier's friend, who reveals in his last note that he originally planned to keep the treasure for himself. It goes on to say that he could not find the way out of the cave and wanted to apologize to his friend before dying, urging him to not worry about him anymore and to move on with his life.
When Link exits the cave and tells the soldier the news of his friend, he promises to keep on living for his friend's sake and gives the young hero a small reward as a sign of gratitude.
|Names in Other Regions|
|French||Gare cachée de la montagne||Hidden station of the Mountain|
|German||Geheimbahnhof Berge||Secret Station Mountains|
|Spanish||Andén oculto del Fuego||Hidden Platform of Fire|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 290
- "See, I came here with my friend to uncover a golden treasure. [...] We got halfway in, but then some big plant monster showed up! I was terrified, so I hightailed it out of there on my own." — Guard (Spirit Tracks)
- "This cave is basically one big maze. But there's a riddle that tells you the way to the treasure. From a room that knows no south, follow the rocky trail north and north... There in the north lies the treasure, waiting to be discovered." — Guard (Spirit Tracks)
- "You can keep whatever treasure you find. I promise. I just want to see my friend return safely.[...] Now remember, this place is a real maze, so you'd better not get lost. If you do, you might never see the light of day again. But don't worry! I know a way to get to the treasure! ...I think." — Guard (Spirit Tracks)
- "To my eternal friend and treasure-hunting partner, I can't seem to find the way out. I believe I am hopelessly lost. I don't think I have much longer left, so I want to apologize to you. I had originally intended to claim the treasure for myself... Even though you always looked out for me. When you ran off, I thought nothing of it and went on to find the treasure. I was a fool. I want you to know that you shouldn't waste any worry on me. Just move on with your life and please, think of me every once in a while. You are, were, and will always be my dearest friend. Farewell." — Stone Tablet (Spirit Tracks)
- "So this is what he was thinking in his last moments... And he wasn't angry at me, even though... This means so much to me. I feel like a great weight's been lifted off my shoulders. I'll live on, for his sake. Thank you for your help. Here, have this." — Guard (Spirit Tracks)
|Stations in Spirit Tracks|
Click on a station