|Comparable Abilities||Farore's Wind|
Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire is obtained from the Great Fairy of Magic near Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time. When used, Link summons a dome of Fire around his body that expands outward, affecting anything in its range. When used near Torches, it lights them. Din's Fire drains 6 Magic Points with each use.
Din's Fire is the only Spell necessary to complete the game. It is required to simultaneously light the Torches at the entrance to the Shadow Temple, opening the way into the Temple. Inside the Temple, Din's Fire must be used to incinerate a spiked, wooden wall trap that threatens to crush Link. The Boss Key of the Shadow Temple becomes available upon destroying it.
Cadence of Hyrule
Din's Fire appears as a special offensive ability unique to Zelda. It can be randomly obtained from Cadence in one of the caves she appears in, with her claiming that she had found a monster holding onto it. Once acquired, Zelda can then use it to deal explosive damage to enemies and objects, including cracked walls to reveal caves at the cost of Stamina. The spell also deals fire damage, allowing her to burn stumps and braziers without the use of a Torch or Fire Arrows.
- Though Din's Fire doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Din's statue in Hylian on Northern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ディンの炎 (Din no Honō)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Feu de Din||Same as English.|
|German||Dins Feuerinferno||Din's Fiery Inferno|
|Italian||Fuoco di Din||Same as English.|
|SpanishEU||Fuego de Din||Same as English.|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 121 (OoT)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can use Din's Fire not only to attack but also to burn things!" — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Din's Fire, her explosive side special, can be guided up and down and has a greater blast if the button is held." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U)
- "Makes the Special Attack gauge fill slightly faster." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Din's Fire
Press to create a fireball. Use it again to detonate the fireball, dealing damage to adjacent squares, at the cost of stamina." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)