Location and Uses
Ocarina of Time
Din's Fire is obtained from the Great Fairy of Magic near Hyrule Castle in Ocarina of Time. When used, Link summons a dome of Fire around his body that expands outward, affecting anything in its range. When used near Torches, it lights them. Din's Fire drains 6 Magic Points with each use.
Din's Fire is the only Spell necessary to complete the game. It is required to simultaneously light the Torches at the entrance to the Shadow Temple, opening the way into the Temple. Inside the Temple, Din's Fire must be used to incinerate a spiked, wooden wall trap that threatens to crush Link. The Boss Key of the Shadow Temple becomes available upon destroying it.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS/Wii U
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Cadence of Hyrule
- Though Din's Fire doesn't appear in The Wind Waker, its name is inscribed on the base of Din's statue in Hylian on Northern Triangle Island.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ディンの炎 (Din no Honō) (OoT)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Feu de Din (OoT3D)||Din's Fire|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 121 (OoT)
- "Welcome Link! I am the Great Fairy of Magic! I will give you a magic spell. Please take it." — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "You can use Din's Fire not only to attack but also to burn things!" — Great Fairy of Magic (Ocarina of Time)
- "Din's Fire, her explosive side special, can be guided up and down and has a greater blast if the button is held." — Trophy (Super Smash Bros. for Wii U)
- "Makes the Special Attack gauge fill slightly faster." — N/A (Hyrule Warriors)
- "Din's Fire
Press to create a fireball. Use it again to detonate the fireball, dealing damage to adjacent squares, at the cost of stamina." — Inventory (Cadence of Hyrule)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (Shogakukan) pg. 150
- "Feu de Din (dépense magique : élevée)
Sotilège invoquant le pouvoir de la déesse Din afin de créer une puissante aura de feu destructrice." — Inventory (Ocarina of Time 3D)