We are currently performing an upgrade to our software. This upgrade will bring MediaWiki from version 1.31 to 1.33. While the upgrade is being performed on your wiki it will be in read-only mode. For more information check here.
Unicorn's Cave (OoS)
|Reward(s)||Nurturing Warmth (OoS)|
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda Manual Comment
In The Legend of Zelda, a Digdogger appears as the Boss of Level-5. To defeat it, Link must play the Recorder to shrink the creature into a smaller version of itself. Link can then defeat Digdogger with his Sword. Another Digdogger appears in Level-7. Using the Recorder will split the creature into three smaller versions of itself, which can be defeated with the Sword.
Oracle of Seasons
In Oracle of Seasons, Digdogger appears as the Boss of the Unicorn's Cave. Using the Magnetic Gloves at north polarity, Link can cause the spiked ball that lays in the boss area to smash into Digdogger. After a few smashes from the spiked ball, the Digdogger will split into Mini Digdoggers. Link must then hit each of them with the spiked ball or his Sword to defeat them.
BS The Legend of Zelda
- Vitreous, the boss of Misery Mire from A Link to the Past, is called ゲルドーガ (Gerudōga) in Japanese. The suffix "-dogger," in addition to its eyeball appearance, may suggest a connection to Digdogger.
- Although described as a sea urchin in the international manual of The Legend of Zelda, the Japanese manual describes it as a giant Unira, an urchin monster from Clu Clu Land. In that game, an Unira will become stunned if Bubbles, the protagonist, uses a sound attack on it. Using the Recorder to defeat Digdogger may be a reference to this.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||デグドガ (Degudoga)||Same as English.|
|FrenchEU||Digdogger||Same as English.|
|German||Digdogger||Same as English.|
|SpanishLA||Digdogger (TLoZ)||Same as English.|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 175 (TLoZ | OoS)
- "Digdogger hates music. Shrink him down to size by using the whistle." (NES Game Atlas (Nintendo of America), pg. 55)
- "Dungeon Boss DIGDOGGER
By now, you've learned that any tool that you find in a dungeon will be instrumental in fighting that dungeon's boss. You can steer the giant spiked ball into Digdoger [sic] with the Magnetic Gloves." (The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Ages Player's Guide (Nintendo of America), pg. 39)
- "Big sea urchins. In spite of their big bodies, they shrivel up when attacked. But watch out! The come on pretty strong." (The Legend of Zelda manual, pg. 38)
- "A giant Unira. Due to its enormous size, shockwaves will cause its body to shrivel up. However, it has powerful offensive strength." (The Legend of Zelda manual)