Icon of a Diamond from Breath of the Wild
2,000 Rupees (BotW)
|Value||500 Rupees (BotW)|
|Location(s)||Ore Deposits (BotW)|
Rare Ore Deposits (BotW)
Ore and More (BotW)
Diamonds are recurring items in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
Diamonds are rare Materials in Breath of the Wild. Because of their rarity, Diamonds have long been sold for a high price in Hyrule. Diamonds are required for Isha to craft Diamond Circlets at Starlight Memories in Gerudo Town. Additionally, Diamonds are necessary to enhance Diamond Circlets at Great Fairy Fountains. Diamonds can be used as an ingredient for White Dye at the Kochi Dye Shop. Ramella, the Gerudo in Goron City, may offer to buy Diamonds from Link at a 10% increase of the regular sale price, trading a bulk of 10 Diamonds for 5,500 Rupees instead of the regular total of 5,000. Diamonds are also necessary to repair the Weapons used by the late Champions: Mipha's Lightscale Trident, Revali's Great Eagle Bow, Daruk's Boulder Breaker and Urbosa's Scimitar of the Seven and Daybreaker. These can be repaired by Dento, Harth, Rohan and Buliara, respectively.
Diamonds can be obtained from breaking Ore Deposits and Rare Ore Deposits, or from slaying Stone Taluses, Frost Taluses, Igneo Taluses, or Silver and Golden enemies. Kairo, the traveling Goron merchant, will sell Diamonds during unusual weather. The only other place that sells Diamonds is Ore and More in Tarrey Town. Diamonds can be found inside Treasure Chests in Bareeda Naag Shrine, Gee Ha'rah Shrine, Kaam Ya'tak Shrine, Kah Mael Shrine, Keeha Yoog Shrine, Maka Rah Shrine, Misae Suma Shrine and Mozo Shenno Shrine. Diamonds may spawn when the Super Smash Bros. series Ganondorf and Zelda amiibo, The Legend of Zelda series Zelda amiibo and the Breath of the Wild series Zelda, Mipha, Revali, Daruk and Urbosa amiibo are scanned using the amiibo Rune.
Link can obtain a Diamond from Pirou by trading him 55 Rushrooms in the Side Quest, "Rushroom Rush!". Ledo will reward Link with two Diamonds for bringing him the 10 Luminous Stones needed to repair Zora's Domain in the Side Quest, "Luminous Stone Gathering". Afterwards, Ledo will continue to trade Link one Diamond in exchange for 10 Luminous Stones. Three Diamonds are also received as a reward for completing the "From the Ground Up" Side Quest. Jiahto will repay Link one Diamond in return for helping to archive the Zora legends upon the Stone Monuments scattered around the Lanayru Great Spring as part of the "Zora Stone Monuments" Side Quest. A Diamond is the reward for completing the "Riddles of Hyrule" Side Quest, tasked by Walton in the Korok Forest. A Diamond is the final reward in the series of requests that Nebb has for Link in Hateno Village, as part of "The Weapons Connoisseur" Side Quest.
The Diamond is obtained by giving the Coal to the Blacksmith in Great Wimbich. Receiving the Diamond automatically rewards Zelda with 999 Rupees. It is kept in the inventory afterwards, but has no other use.
- "The most precious gem one can find in Hyrule, its signature sparkle has charmed Hyruleans for generations. As such, it has sold for a very high price since ancient times." — Description (Breath of the Wild)
- "By the way, do you happen to have 10 diamonds? You'll get 5,000 rupees if you sell them at a store... or you can trade them to me for 5,500 rupees." — Ramella (Breath of the Wild)
- "This weather has me in a rare mood to sell rare ore. How about a diamond? You interested in rare items?" — Kairo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh, if it isn't the Hylian! You listened to what King Dorephan had to say! Yes, so that is the cause of our suffering in Zora's Domain. It is all because of that beast, Ruta. That's why my senior apprentice, Fronk, and I are repairing the domain. However, our materials are a bit depleted... [Materials?] Yes... Repairs require a large number of luminous stones. You can find plenty of them around Upland Zorana. Have you, by chance, already stumbled across some luminous stones during your travels? For instance, if you have 10 of them, that would be a big help..." — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Did you need something from me? [Here are the stones.] Thank you! You're treally giving me 10 luminous stones?! In that case, please excuse me while I count them! And a oooone! And a twooooo! And a threeeeee! Foooooour! Fiiiiiive! Siiiiiiix! Seveeeeeeen! Eeeeeeeeeeight! Niiiiiiiiine! Aaaand...TEN! Oh, my! You really brought all 10! Thank you! Yes, I will happily take those luminous stones from you! Oh, that's right... I must reward you!" — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "And what's more, I'll give you one extra as a bonus!" — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "If you ever find yourself in possession of 10 luminous stones in the future, I hope you will bring them to me. But if that happens, know that I'll only be able to give you one diamond for them. I would be honored if you would accept it when the time comes!" — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "And now Tarrey Town looks like a real town at long last. This was all possible because of you. I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you did. All right. This is for you." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "These were found inside the boulders we smashed when we were clearing land. Rhondson and I have no use for them. You can take them." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "Oh! I am sorry I did not introduce myself sooner. I am Jiahto. I am a historian who studies Zora history and preserves it for future generations. Even so, this stone monument that King Dorephan supposedly wrote... It's torn to pieces now. Most likely, the 10 stone monuments outside of the domain are in the same awful condition. I'm thinking about collecting the contents of all of the stone monuments and compiling them into a book. But with these old legs and fins, traveling to all 10 stone monuments will take a great deal of time. That is why... Link... I'd like to ask a favor of you. I'd like you to find all 10 stone monuments around Zora's Domain and tell me what they say. [OK.] Oh! Thank you! You truly are a lifesaver! How reassuring that the Champion will search for those monuments for me!" — Jiahto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Link... It would seem you have checked all of the stone monuments for me! Now then, please tell me what was written on them!" — Jiahto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... The history, culture, folkore, and various heroic acts of the proud Zora people... It's all here! Eureka! Thanks to you, I've compiled the precious information from those stone monuments! Link, thank you for taking on such an arduous task! Please, allow me to reward you!" — Jiahto (Breath of the Wild)
- "...Hmmmm? *yawn* And I was having such a nice dream... Wait, if you're here... Does this mean you want to face the ultimate trial? [I'll try it!] *ahem* The ultimate trial...has begun! I'll tell you a riddle about an object. Your job is to solve the riddle and bring me the correct object." — Walton (Breath of the Wild)
- "Lynel hoof! That's it! THAT'S IT! You got it! I knew you could do it, Mr. Hero! Here is your reward!" — Walton (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hey! Hey, mister. Did you come from the big wide world? You look like you're good with a bow and sword, so you must be pretty strong. Are you strong or what? [Yeah...I am.] I bet you can use all sorts of different weapons, right? Sooo... Do you wanna help a kid's dream come true? My gramps is dead now, but when he was alive, he loved weapons. Though he never got to see all the ones he wanted. So you bring me weapons and show 'em to me, and then I can tell gramps about 'em when I meet him again! [OK!] Yeahhh! I knew you'd do it!" — Nebb (Breath of the Wild)
- "Wow! It's exactly like the one in the books! Thanks! Here's a token of my thanks!" — Nebb (Breath of the Wild)
- "That was from my grandpa. He always said, "Give it to the one who can show you the real deal." So don't worry about it! Thanks for showing me so many things! I'm sure my grandpa is super happy...wherever he is! Bye!" — Nebb (Breath of the Wild)
- "Or...I'd like to, but you currently don't have room for two more diamonds." — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well... I'd like to, anyway, but you don't currently have room for one more diamond." — Ledo (Breath of the Wild)
- "Well, I want to give them to you, but it looks like you haven't got room for three diamonds." — Hudson (Breath of the Wild)
- "I would like to reward you, but it seems you already have quite a collection of diamonds. Since you cannot carry any more, I suggest you somehow rid yourself of one and come back." — Jiahto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm? You are overflowing with diamonds! I was gonna give you some diamonds for solving my riddles, but... Z z z z z..." — Walton (Breath of the Wild)