Devalants are giant, burrowing insects with large snapping pincers that live in desert regions. They create sinkholes in the sand as they burrow underneath, drawing in their prey.
A Link to the Past
In A Link to the Past, two varieties of Devalants can be found; A Red variety, and a blue variety. The blue variety will sit and wait for Link to fall into its sinkhole, while the red variety will spit fireballs over a long distance. Upon killing a Devalant, the sinkhole which it lived in will disappear, leaving unmoving sand where it once was.
Four Swords Adventures
A Link Between Worlds
- Devalants are named as Moldorms in the official Shogakukan guide for Four Swords Adventures.
- The behavior of Molgera when submerged in the sand is very similar to that of a Devalant, but on a much larger scale.
The Japanese name for Devalant, "Debirando" might be a compound of デビル (Debiru) and ハンド (Hando), meaning "Devilhand".
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 174 (ALttP | FSA | ALBW)
- "砂の中から現われて火を吐く。見た目はアリジゴク、接近すると引き込まれるところなどは、まさにそれである。" (The Legend of Zelda: Triforce of the Gods Official Nintendo Guidebook Over (Shogakukan) pg. 130)
- Nintendo Official Guidebook—The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past & Four Swords (Shogakukan) pg. 23