|Purpose||Main Quest or Side Quest event|
Delivery is a recurring gameplay mechanic in The Legend of Zelda series. It is a type of event where Link is asked to transport (or protect the transportation of) an item or object from one specific location to another.[note 1] The term can also to refer to the item or object being delivered.
Most deliveries are Inventory items, such as Letters, that can be delivered at Link's convenience. Others, particularly objects, are physically carried to their destination. Link may need to protect the delivery from enemies or the environment. Or, there may be a Time constraint on the delivery. In either case, there is a risk that Link will fail the delivery and have to start over.
The Legend of Zelda
- Main article: Letter
- Main article: Goat's Letter
Ocarina of Time
The Wind Waker
- Main articles: Decorations, Father's Letter, Forest Water, Maggie's Letter, Moblin's Letter and Note to Mom
The Minish Cap
- Main article: Smith's Sword
- Main article: Jolene's Letter
- Main article: Cargo
A Link Between Worlds
- Main article: Premium Milk
Breath of the Wild
- Main article: Special Delivery
- Though all Trading Quest items are transported from one location to another, few trading characters say where specifically to get the item they want, or where to send the one they have to trade.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 139(MM)
- "Yes, yes! Master! Now that I take a longer look at you, I see that you have a fine Delivery Bag, do you not? Dear me, it is a bag fit for a hero...of delivery!" — Zunari (The Wind Waker)
- "Delivering the Soup to Eagus" — Sheikah Stone (Skyward Sword)
- "Special Delivery" — Adventure Log (Breath of the Wild)