Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Deku Toad begins the fight by dropping down to the floor and shaking off several Toado eggs from its back, which can be defeated with the Sword. Deku Toad's attack pattern is to jump to the ceiling, attempt to fall down on Link, and shake off more Toado eggs. If Link rolls out of the way in time to avoid being crushed, Deku Toad gets stunned momentarily, allowing Link to strike its exposed tongue. Link can also throw a Bomb at its mouth whenever Deku Toad opens it. Alternatively, Link can also shoot Bomb Arrows at its opened mouth.
- Deku Toad, along with Ook, are the only mini-bosses in Twilight Princess to have their own battle music. All other mini-bosses share the same battle music, with the exception of Death Sword and Phantom Zant, who share a unique battle music.
- According to Hyrule Historia, Toadpolis grow into Deku Toads after a thousand years.
- Deku Toad may be based on the Surinam Toad, as they both carry their eggs on their back.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||デグトード (Degu Tōdo)||Big Toad|
|French||Crapaud Mojo||Deku Toad|
|SpanishLA||Sapo Decu||Decu Toad|
- "Deku Toad" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 296)
- "When it comes to their designs, the Deku Toad and the Toadpoli have a few things in common. This is because the Deku Toad was meant to depict what a Toadpoli might look like a thousand years in the future." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 193)