The Deku Kingdom is the monarchy presiding over the Southern Swamp and Woodfall regions of Termina in Majora's Mask. Its Royal Family consists of a wrathful Deku King and his fiery daughter, who reside in the Deku Palace.
The inhabitants of this kingdom are prideful, turning outsiders away from their palace and rarely allowing commoners inside. The palace is constantly under surveillance by palace guards, and the kingdom has at its disposal at least a small military presence. The kingdom also boasts schools, religious institutions, and tourist attractions. Musical education, specifically on the Deku Pipes, is also an important part of Deku culture, specifically for the Royal Family members, who use the pipes to enter their worshiping grounds.
When Link arrives in Termina, the swamp is suffering from a poisoned water source. This is naturally causing great distress to the Deku King and his people, as it could potentially lead to the collapse of the kingdom. Once Link defeats the evil in the Woodfall Temple, however, the swamp reverts to its natural state.
- "This is the royal palace of the Deku Kingdom. This is no place for outsiders." — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "This is the palace of the Deku Kingdom. Only those on official business may enter! ...But you may enter to see the public humiliation of the foolish monkey who angered our king." — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "I told you not to enter any areas other than the Royal Chamber! ...It is a very rare occasion that you are allowed to enter, so do as I say!" — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Aha! An intruder!" — Deku Guard (Majora's Mask)
- "Now that our beloved princess is missing, the king has been unable to keep his cool... I fear the princess may be caught up in some kind of trouble, just as that monkey claims... But in his current state, the king can't even send troops out to look for her. What are we to do?" — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)
- "Everyone, did you hear that? This melody, which only the Deku Royal Family knows... It proves the foolish monkey deceived the princess so he could enter the temple!" — Deku King (Majora's Mask)
- "Isn't this the Deku Scrub mark? I wonder if they worshiped here..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "It's terribly sad... But nothing can calm the king now.... Our swamps have become poisoned...This may be the end of the Deku Kingdom! Oh, great lords! Save us!" — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)