- Not to be confused with Deku Forest (Tri Force Heroes).
Oracle of Ages
The Deku Forest is the location of the Wing Dungeon, the second dungeon and it is found south of West Lynna. The forest only appears in the past; its present equivalent is Fairies' Woods. Three Deku Scrubs can be found in the area (hence its name), all selling Shields at various prices. A fourth appears in a Linked Game. Originally, Link is sent by the Maku Tree to search for the Wing Dungeon in the Fairies' Woods. But just as he picks up a rock near the entrance, the dungeon collapses. Link then acquires the Harp of Ages from Nayru's house and travels to the past, when the dungeon is still intact. However, the entrance is sealed and must be blasted open with a Bomb. Link obtains these as a reward from Queen Ambi for bringing her the sought-after Mystery Seeds found within the Deku Forest.
The Deku Forest has only one entrance to the northeast. Several Labrynnians can be found in its eastern portion, where the Wing Dungeon is located. They do not venture into the Moblin-infested western portion inhabited by the native Deku Scrubs. The Mystery Tree is found in this western area of the forest, which cannot easily be navigated because of the numerous trees, pits, and rocks found within. Some glades in the forest (including the one with the Mystery Tree) are entirely isolated from the rest of the area. These clearings can only be accessed via one of underground caves beneath the forest. An entrance to another cave containing a Piece of Heart is concealed by a sapling that can be burnt with an Ember Seed. A third cave contains a Treasure Chest with a Gasha Seed inside. These caves are inhabited by the usual enemies: Keese, Zols, and Hardhat Beetles. The forest can only be navigated in its entirety once Link has the Ember Seeds to burn saplings and the Power Bracelet to lift rocks. However, it is easier for Link to navigate the area Link has obtained the Roc's Feather, which allows Link to hop over the pits in the forest.
The Business Scrubs of the forest all reside in its western portion. They all sell shields, each at a different price. The further Link goes into the woods, the cheaper the Business Scrubs sell their shields. As such, the most accessible Business Scrub in the southwestern corner of the forest (south of the Mystery Tree) sells the most expensive shields. The next Business Scrub (east of the tree), sells his at a medium price. The final, most out-of-the-way Business Scrub in the northwestern corner of the forest (north of the tree) sells by far the cheapest shields. The Business Scrubs will sell the higher-level shields at an increased price as Link obtains the respective upgrades. All the prices of the Dekus Scrubs' shields are as follows:
|10 Rupees||20 Rupees||40 Rupees|
|30 Rupees||50 Rupees||80 Rupees|
|50 Rupees||100 Rupees||150 Rupees|
- In the French version of Oracle of Ages, Deku Forest is named after the Maku Tree ("Forêt Bojo", Bojo being the French equivalent of Maku, much like Mojo is the French equivalent of Deku).
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||デクナッツのもり (Deku Nattsu no Mori)||Deku Nuts Forest|
|FrenchEU||Forêt Bojo||Maku Forest|
|Italian||Foresta Deku||Deku Forest|
|SpanishEU||Bosque Deku||Deku Forest|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 255
- "Link, are you all right? Now you can't get inside! The rock you blasted was a support stone that held up the cave. Too bad Nayru can't give us some advice... Maybe there's something in Nayru's House that can help!" — Maku Tree (Oracle of Ages)
- "I'm lookin' at this cave thinkin' there's treasure inside, but I can't get in with this rock here. If I could just blast it away..." — Man (Oracle of Ages)
- The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons/The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages — The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 70
|Regions in Oracle of Ages past age|
Click on an area
|Regions in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland's First Continent|
Click on an area