Deku Butler's Son
|Deku Butler's Son|
Deku Butler (father)
The Deku Butler's Son is first seen at the beginning of the game as a dead tree in the Portal between Hyrule and Termina. After reaching Clock Tower for the first time, it is not possible to return to see the Deku Butler's Son due the closing of the interdimensional seal between Hyrule and Termina. After leading Link to the Mask of Scents, the Deku Butler apologizes to Link for traveling so fast, stating that Link reminds him of his son, whom he used to race with through the Deku Shrine. During the end of the game, a scene is shown where the Deku Butler goes to mourn at his son's remains.
- In the Majora's Mask manga by Akira Himekawa, the Deku Princess is said to have been in love with the Deku Butler's Son.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 244 (MM)
- "The masks, which hold the spirits of the dead, cause the wearer to transform into a shape resembling the departed. Link uses the masks to undergo transformations, gaining powers not native to his human form. Link's transformation into a Deku Scrub is caused by the spirit of a member of the Deku tribe that died in the forest connecting Hyrule and Termina." (Hyrule Historia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 112)
- "Come over to this tree and check it out! It's strange, but the way you look right now sort of looks like this tree... It looks all dark and gloomy... almost like it could start crying any second now... How sad..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Actually, when I see you, I am reminded of my son who left home long ago... Somehow, I feel as if I am once again racing with my son..." — Deku Butler (Majora's Mask)
- "The princess was in love with him. How sad." (Majora's Mask manga (VIZ Media), pg. 86)