We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
There are many entities that have been worshipped in The Legend of Zelda series. They vary from guardians of locations and races, to elemental spirits, to true immortals and demigods, or a varied mixture. A vast majority of temples located throughout Hyrule and other lands are dedicated to worshipping the different deities at different points in time.
- 1 The Golden Goddesses
- 2 Guardian Deities
- 3 False Deities
- 4 Miscellaneous Deities
- 5 Objects
- 6 References
The Golden Goddesses
The most renowned of the divine are the omnipotent Golden Goddesses, alternatively known as the Gods of Old, who created the the world itself. They are most well-known in the mythology of the kingdom of Hyrule.
There are groups of several guardians who watch over specific tribes throughout the history of Hyrule and its neighbours. While not true deities in proper they are worshipped all the same.
Ocarina of Time
- The Great Deku Tree is a "forest spirit" and the guardian of the Kokiri, the Kokiri Forest and the Lost Woods.
- Lord Jabu-Jabu is a "water spirit" and the guardian of the Zora.
- The Four Giants who watch over the land of Termina, and, according to Anju's Grandmother, created it.
The Wind Waker
- The Great Deku Tree is a "forest spirit" and the guardian of the Koroks.
- Valoo is a "sky spirit" and guardian of the Rito.
- Jabun is a "sea spirit" and likely guardian of the Fishmen.
- Ordona the Light Spirit, the guardian of the Ordon Province, bordering southern Hyrule.
- Faron the Light Spirit, the guardian of Hyrule's Faron Province
- Eldin the Light Spirit, the guardian of Hyrule's Eldin Province.
- Lanayru the Light Spirit, the guardian of Hyrule's Lanayru Province.
- The Guardian Deities of the Twilight Realm.
- The Ocean King, guardian of the World of the Ocean King.
- The Servant Spirits,the fairies who assist the Ocean King in protecting the Great Sea; they are Ciela, Leaf, and Neri.
- Hylia, the original protector of the Triforce as entrusted by the Old Gods.
- Faron the Water Dragon, the original guardian of Hyrule's Faron Province.
- Eldin the Fire Dragon, the original guardian of Hyrule's Eldin Province.
- Lanayru the Lighting Dragon, the original guardian of Hyrule's Lanayru Province.
- Levias, the guardian of the skies.
Despite their immense power, and worshipers, these deities lack immortality and/or possess the ability to use the Triforce. For these reasons, they are not true deities.
- Ganondorf bears the title King of Evil and Dark Lord. He is worshiped as a god by the Gerudo, the Deku, and Zant.
There are references throughout the franchise to deities that do not belong to any particular group; they either act on the Goddesses' behalf or are not affiliated with the three at all. The Golden Goddesses are creator gods with a vast array of roles and creations, and it is possible that many of the more obscure and unseen deities mentioned are simply titles belonging to the individual goddesses themselves.
Ocarina of Time
Oracle of Ages and Seasons
- The Season Spirits assist Din, an Oracle, in ensuring the circadian cycle of the seasons in Holodrum.
The Wind Waker
- Zephos and Cyclos are twin gods of wind. They once had a shrine dedicated to them to them, but it was destroyed by visitors.
- One of the Great Fairies is known as the Goddess of Fortune.
- Golden Chief Cylos is a "wind spirit" very similar to Zephos and Cyclos.
- Termina's Moon is said to have been feared and worshiped.
- The Tuni Nut is worshiped by the citizens of Symmetry Village in Labrynna.
- The Rod of Seasons is worshiped in the Temple of Seasons in Holodrum.
- "The imp was a friend of the giants since before they had created the four worlds." — Anju's Grandmother (Majora's Mask)
- "The guardian deities of my world are on our side, too!" — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "They say that Gerudos worship Ganondorf almost like a god." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- "I'm off to the Temple of Darkness to worship Lord Ganon! Oopipi!" — Deku (Four Swords Adventures)
- ""Ganon, Ganon," they chanted. It was as though they were...worshipping." — N/A (Four Swords Adventures)
- "This power is granted to me by my god! It is the magic of the King of Twilight, and you WILL respect it!" — Zant (Twilight Princess)
- "It was then, in the thrall of hatred and despair, that I turned my eyes to the heavens...and found a god." — Zant (Twilight Princess)
- "It was also said that whoever met with the Great Fairy who lived here was blessed with great fortune, so it came to be known as the Fountain of the Fortune Goddess." — N/A (The Wind Waker)
- "The moon has long been considered a mystical body, which people have worshiped and feared. That alone shows how the moon has a cosmic influence that affects our daily lives." — Shikashi (Majora's Mask)
- "The Tuni Nut is the city's symbol. We dutifully worshipped this nut." — N/A (Oracle of Ages)
- "Bring the Rod of Seasons that is worshipped in the temple!" — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
|The Races of the Zelda Universe|
|Ancient Robot · Ancient Tribe · Anouki · Bokoblin · Bulblin · Cobble · Dark Interlopers · Dark Tribe · Demon · Deity · Deku Scrub · Fairy · Garo · Gerudo · Goron · Ho Ho Tribe · Human · Hylian · Keaton · Kikwi · Kokiri · Korok · Lokomo · Minish · Moblin · Mogma · Monkey · Oocca · Parella · Rito · River Zora · Salona · Sheikah · Skull Kid · Subrosian · Tokay · Twili · Watarara · Wind Tribe · Yamatami Tribe · Yeti · Yook · Zora · Zuna|