Death Mountain Trail
|Death Mountain Trail|
Features and Overview
In order to reach the upper part of Death Mountain and Goron City itself, Link must travel through the Death Mountain Trail, which is filled with Red Tektites and giant Boulders. The path to the Death Mountain Trail is initially closed off and will not open until Link shows Zelda's Letter to the Gatekeeper guarding the gate.
Death Mountain Trail takes Link to all of the prominent locations of Death Mountain. It is home to Dodongo's Cavern, where child Link faces King Dodongo, eventually receiving the Goron's Ruby in the process. By following the Trail, Link can reach Goron Village. Death Mountain Crater, the inner part of the volcano of Death Mountain and the location of the Fire Temple, can be accessed via Goron City or by climbing up the mountain through the Trail. Atop the Death Mountain Trail is a Great Fairy Fountain where the Great Fairy of Power within grants Link the Magic Meter and the Spin Attack.
When Link is a child, Death Mountain is an active volcano. Any time Link approaches the northernmost part of the mountain in an attempt to climb it up to the crater, the volcano will activate itself. As such, Link must equip himself with the Hylian Shield in order to safely climb it. Biggoron, the giant Goron involved in the Biggoron's Sword sidequest, resides behind the mountain next to the crater entrance, although since he is always rolled up, Link cannot see him until he approaches him. Kaepora Gaebora can also be found atop the highest point of the trail near the Great Fairy Fountain entrance, where he offers Link a ride down to Kakariko Village.
After Link withdraws the Master Sword from the Pedestal of Time, Ganondorf revives the ancient dragon Volvagia and stirs up trouble in the depths of the crater, causing Death Mountain's white clouds to take on a red and fiery appearance. It is not until Link defeats Volvagia that Death Mountain returns to normal and the volcano stops its spontaneous eruptions, allowing him to safely scale the Trail.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||デスマウンテン登山道 (Desumaunten Tozandō)
デスマウンテン登山口 (Desumaunten Tozanguchi)
|Same as English.|
Death Mountain Trailhead
|FrenchEU||Chemin du Péril||Path of Peril|
Pfad zum Todesberg
Path to Death Mountain
|Italian||Sentiero del Monte Morte||Same as English.|
- "Death Mountain Trail" — N/A (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "The road is closed beyond this point! Can't you read the sign over there?" — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Wah ha ha ha hah! What kind of funny game has our Princess come up with now?! OK, OK, all right. You can go now... Just be careful, Mr. Hero! Wah hah ha ha hah!" — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "You should go see the Great Fairy on top of Death Mountain! She will power you up!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
- "If you're going to climb Death Mountain, you should equip a proper shield! It is an active volcano, after all!" — Death Mountain Trail Gatekeeper (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "I will perch here and wait for you. When you're ready to go back down, I can help you!" — Kaepora Gaebora (Ocarina of Time)
- "Ganondorf is causing trouble on Death Mountain again! He has revived the evil, ancient dragon Volvagia!" — Darunia (Ocarina of Time)
|Regions in Ocarina of Time|
Click on a location