A statue erected in Dazzle Lyphos' honor
Hero of Port Town
Dazzle Lyphos was a hero that lived long ago in Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland. He was the guardian of Port Town. Although he fought bravely, he never did it for free. He made quite a large sum of money fighting for others, and eventually had an underground cavern built where he stored his great wealth. As the legend goes, a great evil attacked the town, and Dazzle Lyphos was able to save the town, although he lost his own life in the process. Following the tragic event, the people of Port Town had a statue of the hero built over the entrance to his underground cavern, and the place became known as Hero's Shrine. When asked about the statue, the Armourer claims that it has several inaccuracies, and that the stone worker was inexperienced.
However, when searching the Auros Ruins, Tingle comes across a skeleton found in a trap, which is intended to lure in those who are greedy for Rupees. Upon further examination, it is discovered that this is all that is left of the legendary "hero", Dazzle Lyphos, and it is then realized that he was not the hero he was said to be.
Later, the Shrine would be sealed, and many monsters would invade it, including the Ultra Death Bug. The Shrine would later be reopened when Chiko played with her Fairy Doll, and knocked a slab loose, allowing Tingle to enter.
- It was said that a fairy will lead one to Dazzle's treasure, and it turns out that this prophecy came true, as Chiko's Fairy Doll opened up the Shrine.
- Dazzle's Sword, known as the Lyphos Sword, can be found in the game. If Tingle gives it to the Armourer, he will be generously rewarded.  He may ask for up to 66,200 Rupees.
- The word "Dazzle" can be unscrambled, and spelled as "Zzelda".
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "Dazzle Lyphos: The Town Hero." — Statue (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "Lyphos never fought for free... He always wanted rupees... Like the Bodyguards you get these days." — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "I heard he hid the rupees he earned near the town..." — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "Dazzle Lyphos is this town's hero. You don't know him?! There's a statue of him north of the town. To protect the town from its enemies he fought... and died... Truly heroic, right? He was a real man!" — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "The sword the statue is holding is meant to be the hero's legendary weapon, the Lyphos Sword but the finger guard width is a little narrow and the blade's angle is a little too wide... There is also one too many lines carved into the hilt! It is clear that the person who made the statue did not do his homework! I'm sorry... I forget not everyone finds this stuff as interesting as I do." — Armourer (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "I was playing with my fairy here the other day... She got a bit carried away and kicked the town hero... This came loose! Go through here and you can go under the ground!" — Chiko (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "Legend has it a fairy must show you where his treasure is." — N/A (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)
- "It can't be! But it is!! This is the legendary Lyphos Sword!! You'd give it to me?! I can't believe this! I'm really holding the Lyphos Sword! I will be very glad to reward your generosity!" — Armourer (Freshly-Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland)