Dayto is a traveler who can be found walking along the road near the Maw of Death Mountain in Eldin Canyon. Dayto is an indecisive man who cannot decide on what he wants to do. He openly asks himself whether he wants to continue ahead to Death Mountain or to head back. He also struggles on choosing a place to rest, whether he should check his map, his method of travel, and other decisions. He is troubled by the state of Hyrule, and only finds respite when it is raining.
If Link saves Dayto from monsters encountered along the route, he will give the hero Energizing Glazed Mushrooms as thanks.
- "Hmm... Should I keep going, or should I turn back? A troubling dilemma... But is it even worth being troubled by? Now that's troubling..." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Should I try to reach the volcano or take the easy way out and just not make the trip? A troubling dilemma... If there are a lot of tourists hanging around up there... there could be some good selling to be had." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Should I rest here, or should I try to find a better spot? A troubling dilemma... It's not like I'd be able to get any rest right now, anyway... Certainly not with all these troubles on my mind." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Should I check my map, or should I go by intuition like the original trailblazers? A troubling dilemma... Now that I think about it, this is a volcanic road. I'd better check my map." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Hmm... Should I travel by horseback or continue on foot? A troubling dilemma... Moreover, if I continue on foot, do I start with my left foot or my right foot? A less troubling dilemma..." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "There are so many troubling things in a bleak world such as this. They only seem to cease when I take a break." — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)
- "Listening to falling rain is the only thing in this world that isn't troubling to me. Could you come back when it's over?" — Dayto (Breath of the Wild)