|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
In life, Darmani was a renowned Goron hero. He was considered the greatest warrior of his tribe and possible heir to the Goron throne. He suffered a terrible accident when he ventured to Snowhead Mountain to find and stop the culprit that was causing the devastating winter that threatened his people. On his way to the Snowhead Temple, Darmani was knocked off the path and into the deep valley below by the blizzard caused by Biggoron and lost his life.
In death, he was doomed to haunt his somber grave in the Goron Graveyard. He became full of regrets and felt sorrow for failing his people. Link can heal his spirit by playing the "Song of Healing" to free him from his regrets. Darmani sees visions of when he was a renowned hero and the Gorons cheering him on. Link's face then appears and Darmani decides to leave Link his powers in the Goron Mask, allowing Link to transform into Goron Link when worn.
When spring returns to Snowhead upon the defeat of Goht, the Goron Elder announces to Link his plans to step down as patriarch of the tribe and hand the position over to Darmani, whom he mistakes Goron Link for.
- Darmani has a scar on his stomach that is not featured on Goron Link. However, it is visible on the statue left behind when Link plays the "Elegy of Emptiness" as a Goron. This may be a battle scar, or perhaps the wound from when he fell to his death.
- Darmani bares a slight resemblance to Darunia from Ocarina of Time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||ダルマーニ3世 (Darumāni San Sei)||Darmani the 3rd|
|FrenchEU||Darmani le Troisième||Darmani the Third|
|Italian||Darmani III||Same as English|
|SpanishEU||Darmani III||Same as English|
- "Darmani III" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 197)
- "I am Darmani the Third. The blood of proud Goron heroes runs in me." — Darmani (Majora's Mask)
- "This feels strange for me to say, but when I was alive, I was a renowned warrior and veteran." — Darmani (Majora's Mask)
- "The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other!" — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "I was fine until I marched off to Snowhead by myself, hoping that I could drive off a demon. It had been wreaking havoc on Goron Village...Then the blizzard at Snowhead blew me into the valley...And now...Here I am..." — Darmani (Majora's Mask)
- "This time, I, the protector of this tribe for so many years, choose to yield the seat of tribal patriarch to a younger one. The Goron who makes calm decisions, yet boasts courageous determination and can take care of all shall be the patriarch! The chosen one, Darmani...is you! There could be no other! ...What do you think? If it's you, everyone would happily accept you as the patriarch." — Goron Elder (Majora's Mask)
- "...You used to like racing more than you liked gobbling up a third helping of rock sirloin..." — Goron Elder's Son (Majora's Mask)