We would love to get your opinion on your experience with our site with a short survey. Take Survey
|Game(s)||Oracle of Seasons|
Oracle of Ages
|Location(s)||Room of Rites|
|Resolution(s)||Resurrection of Ganon|
The Dark Rites is a recurring evil method of reincarnation in The Legend of Zelda series. When the three sinister Flames of Sorrow, Destruction, and Despair are lit, and the blood of the holy sacrifice is sprinkled over the ashes of one who is deceased, the deceased one will be revived. Koume and Kotake use this method to revive Ganon in the Room of Rites, although because Link fought them off, they ultimately utilized themselves as the sacrifice instead of Zelda, resulting in an imperfect revival of Ganon.
Flame of Sorrow
- Main article: Flame of Sorrow
The Flame of Sorrow is lit in Oracle of Ages by Veran, Sorceress of Shadows, when she used Nayru's powers to travel back in time 400 years and create an "Age of Darkness", making the citizens of Lynna Village suffer by working endlessly on Queen Ambi's Black Tower.
Flame of Destruction
- Main article: Flame of Destruction
Flame of Despair
- Main article: Flame of Despair
The final flame, the Flame of Despair, is lit when Twinrova capture Princess Zelda. At the loss of the princess, the voice of hope of the land, the people of Labrynna and Holodrum are stricken with despair, causing the Flame of Despair to light.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Le Noir Rituel|
- "The Flames of Sorrow and Destruction burn brightly! Only the Flame of Despair remains! Eee hee hee hee! When the three flames are lit, we will offer the sacrifice and complete the Dark Rites. Then the Evil King shall return!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Queen Ambi... Now, with my powers, the flow of time is yours to command. For you, I shall create a day that never ends, so the people will never sleep, and work on the tower can continue. And when the tower reaches the heavens, you shall go down in history as the greatest queen to ever live! Heh heh heh heh! We are closer to the Age of Shadow! But it's still premature. The true shadow will fall when the Black Tower reaches the heavens and I climb to its highest turret! Then it will come..." — Veran (Oracle of Ages)
- "Down, Temple of Seasons!!! Spring, summer, fall, winter... Fall into chaos! Then the Flame of Destruction shall burn with the Flame of Sorrow, and the Evil King shall return!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)
- "I rue this day! Zelda has been taken and the villagers have been beaten into despair!" — N/A (Oracle of Seasons)
- "Thanks to Veran and Onox, the Flames of Sorrow and Destruction already flicker! And when we captured Zelda, the foolish humans gave us despair!" — Twinrova (Oracle of Seasons)