Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Habitat(s)||Palace of Twilight|
Dark Fog is an element that is found only in the Palace of Twilight, the eighth Dungeon in Twilight Princess. This mysterious haze-like element is composed of Shadow Crystals created by Zant. It is scattered across various parts of the Palace of Twilight, and if Link comes in contact with the mysterious element, he will automatically transform into Wolf Link, and will be unable to have Midna transform him back into his human shape until he leaves the Dark Fog or clears it. Once Link obtains the light-infused Master Sword, he will be able to clear away Dark Fog using the Spin Attack. Midna mentions that the Dark Fog is what caused Link to become a wolf for the first time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 155
- "This black fog is made up of shadow crystals created by Zant. They blot out light... He's responsible for stealing the light from the spirits and turning your world into twilight... But he's not all-powerful. We're prepared too. I can return you to your normal state whenever you need me, so don't worry, OK?" — Midna (Twilight Princess HD)
- "No, Link! The darkness is too powerful in fog like this. Remain in wolf form!" — Midna (Twilight Princess HD)
- "Shadow crystals flow like waterfalls here... There's no way we can get rid of all of them. Charge your sword up and release the power of the Sol all at once." — Midna (Twilight Princess)
- "This black fog is the light-absorbing shadow crystals that Zant magically produced… It's responsible for stealing the light from the spirits and turning Hyrule into Twilight. If you want to return to your normal state, tell me so after slipping out of the fog." — Midna (Twilight Princess, Japanese version)