Dangoro is the Middle Boss of the Goron Mines in Twilight Princess. He is a giant Goron who guards the sacred Hero's Bow. When Link first enters the room, Dangoro believes him to be an intruder and will prepare to attack him.
When Link reaches the main platform, Dangoro is seen sitting down, before hastily getting up after mistaking Link as an intruder. He then jumps onto the magnetic platform and starts the battle by breaking the chains suspending the room's central platform over the lava pit below. By equipping the Iron Boots, Link can anchor himself to its magnetic surface, preventing himself from falling off the platform. As Dangoro prepares to attack, Link can strike his unprotected belly, causing him to roll up into a ball in an attempt to run Link over. By moving over to the edge and grabbing him like the Gorons outside, Link can toss Dangoro into the lava. By repeating this method three times, Link is able to defeat him and finally convince the mighty Goron that he is acting for the Gorons and not against them. Accepting his story, Dangoro grants Link passage into the next room, where he finds a chest containing the Hero's Bow.
- After the battle, Dangoro will no longer have his helmet.
- Dangoro shares his name with the Japanese name of the Pokémon Roggenrola.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "The way past Dangoro is through his stomach. It’ll take a lot of skills when you face off with him." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 22)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 172
- "Stride toward the circular arena, and watch as the massive Goron, who obviously didn’t get the Gor Coron memo, rises up to challenge you, then butt-stomps the arena into the lava pit below!" (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 144)
- "It takes three dips in the lava pool for Dangoro to realize who he’s dealing with! Dangoro’s helmet flies off, and he understands why you’re here: to reach and help the Goron patriarch." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 145)
- "He offers you a weapon in exchange for your help, then raises the arena to connect with the path." (Twilight Princess HD Prima Official Game Guide (Prima Games) pg. 145)