Stirrer of Winds
|Dungeon(s)||Temple of Wind|
|Reward(s)||Neri, the Spirit of Wisdom|
Sand of Hours
As Link climbs to the top of the Temple of Wind, strong gusts from an unknown origin delay his progress. At his destination, the door shuts behind him, and a flying Octorok-like monster riding a tornado descends to fight. The monster is the boss, which appears to face the Hero.
While fighting Cyclok, any one of three points on the area's floor will be covered with a small tornado. Throwing a Bomb into one of these cyclones will send the explosive flying upwards and if one of these Bombs hits Cyclok, he will be temporarily brought to the ground. While his foe is stunned, Link can make multiple damaging sword slashes or Bomb throws on the monster before it recovers flight. The monster's main method of attack is to dive towards Link, but all the hero can do to avoid this is walk out of the way. Cyclok's second attack involves spitting miniature tornadoes in Link's direction, which will cause damage on impact. Much like the cyclone that normally appears in the arena, Cyclok's projectiles can be used by Link to launch Bombs. Once Link defeats the Stirrer of Winds, he acquires more sand for the Phantom Hourglass and a Heart Container. By slaying the monster and destroying its seal, Link frees and earns the accompaniment of the Spirit of Wisdom, Neri.
- In The Wind Waker, the statue that guards Gale Isle bears a resemblance to Cyclok.
- The mark on Cyclok's head is the same design as the Wind Element from The Minish Cap.
- In Hyrule Historia, concept artwork for Cyclok was incorrectly labeled as a standard Octorok.
The name Cyclok is a portmanteau of cyclone and Octorok, another enemy from The Legend of Zelda series.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||竜巻魔空魚 フーオクタ (Tatsumaki Makūgyo Fūokuta)||Tornado Devil Sky Fish Fūokuta|
|FrenchEU||Poulpatine, empereur du vent||Poulpatine, Emperor of Winds|
|German||Octer, Aufwiegler des Windes||Octer, Inciter of the Wind|
|Italian||Polpolok, sire del vento||Polpolok, Lord of Winds|
|SpanishEU||Ciclóctopos||Portmanteau of ciclón (cyclone) and octopus.|
|SpanishLA||Cyclok, Hacedor de Vientos||Cyclok, Wind Maker|
- "Cyclok" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 310)
- "I know... I'll throw one of these into the swirling wind!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 87)
- "Are you to blame for that twister earlier?!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 88)
- "I am Neri... I was trapped inside Cyclok for so long. Now I am finally free! Ahh!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 91)