In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Link playing the minigame on Egg mode
|Location(s)||South of Kakariko Village|
|Game(s)||A Link Between Worlds|
|Main Prize||Piece of Heart|
|Cost||20 Rupees (Egg Level)|
30 Rupees (Chick Level)
50 Rupees (Rooster Level)
10 Rupees (Endless Level)
Cucco Ranch is a Minigame in A Link Between Worlds. Cucco Ranch can be found just south of Kakariko Village in Hyrule, and is operated by the Cucco Girl. Link must speak to the Cucco Girl, who will charge a different amount of Rupees depending on which difficulty he selects. The aim of the game is to dodge Cuccos flying overhead for the duration of 30 seconds in order to win a prize. The time and amount of Cuccos will increase with the difficulty of the selected mode. If Link is touched by a Cucco, he automatically loses the game.
Modes and rewards
There are four modes of difficulty, ranging from 'Egg', to 'Endless'. The 'Egg' level costs 20 Rupees, and is the easiest of the four levels. After completing the Egg level, Link is rewarded with 40 Rupees and unlocks the second level. The 'Chick' level costs 30 Rupees, and features large Cuccos to add to the difficulty of the game. If Link beats this level, he is rewarded with 60 Rupees, and unlocked the 'Rooster' level. Upon surviving the Rooster level, Link is rewarded with 150 Rupees and a Piece of Heart.
He also unlocks the 'Endless' level, in which he must survive as long as possible with no time limit, and costs 10 Rupees. If Link is able to withstand the Cuccos for 100 seconds, he will get Rupees as a prize. Every few minutes, the amount of Rupees if Link is hit by any Cuccos increases, but if the 999.99 second limit is reached, the Cucco Girl will stop Link and comment about how he managed to dodge all the Cuccos for such an amount of time, giving him the title of the Cuccomaster and 3000 Rupees. A large Cucco will then appear outside the Ranch which only comes out in a blue moon, throwing hearts at Link if he gets close and talks to it. This is also shown in the end credits.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||コッコよけゲーム (Kokko yo ke Gēmu)|
|FrenchCA||Enclos aux cocottes||Hen enclosure|
|Korean||꼬꼬 피하기 게임 (Kkokko Pihagi Geim)||Cucco Avoiding Game|
|SpanishLA||Avalancha de cucos||Cucco's avalanche|
Link ringing the Bell near the Cucco Ranch
Link being hit by a Giant Cucco in Cucco Ranch's Endless mode
This image can be viewed in 3D on a Nintendo 3DS system.
- "Welcome to Cucco Ranch!" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "If you can dodge all of the Cuccos for 30 seconds, I'll give you a special prize!" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "You're no fledgling, that's for sure! The Cuccos are hopping happy! Here's your prize—60 Rupees!" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "That was amazing! I was on the edge of my seat all the way! Oh yeah, the Cuccos asked me to thank you. Here's a gift—150 Rupees!" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Endless level? The one where you keep dodging and dodging to see how long you can keep it up for? Got 10 Rupees to spare?" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Whooie! That was some spectacular footwork! By the looks of it, you can take on bigger challenges than that. Your prize is 100 Rupees! " — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Wow, oh, wowie-wow! You dodged every single Cucco? You know what that makes you? The Cuccomaster!" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- "Oh, look! The Giant Cucco came to meet you as well! He usually doesn't like strangers... The Giant Cucco only comes out once in a blue moon, you know. Go talk to him, why don't you?" — Cucco Girl (A Link Between Worlds)
- avengah, Screenshots of Cucco Ranch Endless mode completion, Miiverse, published December 12, 2013.