|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
|Family||Granny (mother or grandmother)[note 1]|
Master Craftsman (father)
The Cucco Lady is the sister of Grog, daughter of the Master Craftsman, and either the daughter or granddaughter of Granny. She can be found in Kakariko Village, where she raises and tends to her Cuccos. The Cucco Lady is allergic to Cuccos, so she has a hard time taking care of them and keeping them inside the pen. When Link first meets her, the Cuccos will be running around all over the village. As the Cucco Lady cannot do it herself, she asks Link to round them up and bring them back to their pen. For Link's help, she will reward him with a Bottle.
When Link returns to Kakariko Village as an adult, he can speak to the Cucco Lady to begin the Biggoron's Sword quest. She will tell him that she bred a special new type of miniature Cucco that does not give her an allergic reaction. She then gives him the Pocket Egg which he must carry until it hatches. After the egg hatches, Link must use it to wake up Talon, and then return the new Cucco to the Cucco Lady. She will compliment Link's ability to care for Cuccos and entrust him with her brother's blue Cucco, Cojiro.
- The Master Craftsman ambiguously refers to Granny as his "old lady," which can ambiguously refer to either one's mother or one's wife in American English. In the Japanese version of Ocarina of Time, the Master Craftsman rudely refers to her as his mother.
- In Ocarina of Time, the Gossip Stone that mentions her initially referred to her as the Chicken Lady. This was changed to Cucco Lady in Ocarina of Time 3D.
- "That lady takes care of chickens, but she is, in fact, allergic to them. Oh well." — Man (Ocarina of Time)
- "Hey, that saw! It's mine! But... I thought I left that saw with my old lady... Oh well..." — Master Craftsman (Ocarina of Time)
- "けど… そいつぁ… ウチのババアんとこにおいてきたハズだが… まあいいや！" — Master Craftsman (Ocarina of Time)
- "Even my own son doesn't have a job, and he just wanders around all day! They're all worthless, I tell you!!" — Master Craftsman (Ocarina of Time)
- "People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too!" — Grog (Ocarina of Time)
- "Oh, your Cucco looks pretty happy! He must have awakened an extremely lazy guy! You're a good Cucco Keeper! I'll give you a rare, valuable Cucco, if you're interested... Its name is Cojiro, and it used to be my brother's Cucco. Its blue body is quite charming. It's so cute!" — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- "Cojiro? Why? Normally only a nice guy like me can tame you..." — Grog (Ocarina of Time)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 239 (OoT)
- "They say that the Chicken Lady goes to the Lakeside Laboratory to study how to breed pocket-sized Cuccos." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time)
- "They say that the Cucco Lady goes to the Lakeside Laboratory to study how to breed pocket-sized Cuccos." — Gossip Stone (Ocarina of Time 3D)
- "Thank you for finding my Cuccos. I have allergies, so I get goose bumps when I touch them." — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- "For helping me, I will give this to you. It's fine glass, and should be useful. Please take good care of it!" — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)
- "I bred a new type of miniature Cucco! I call it the Pocket Cucco! I don't get goose bumps from this baby." — Cucco Lady (Ocarina of Time)