|Use(s)||Shooting from a distance|
The Crossbow is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Link's Crossbow Training
The Crossbow is a long-range weapon capable of taking out targets from a distance and functions much like a regular Bow. It has unlimited Arrows. Throughout stages, temporary upgrades can be obtained. The Exploding Crossbow fires Bomb Arrows. Bomb Arrows do more damage, but limit the succession of shots by requiring a charge up time between them. The Automatic Crossbow allows firing many shots in rapid succession. This enhancement is obtained by defeating enemies flashing green. Once all Automatic Arrows are exhausted, the Crossbow reverts back to normal Arrows.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Crossbow gameplay from Link's Crossbow Training|
|Crossbows gameplay from Hyrule Warriors Legends|
- "You have an unlimited number of arrows." (Link's Crossbow Training manual, pg. 7)
- "Exploding Crossbow Press and hold B until cross hairs flash, and then release B to fire an exploding arrow." (Link's Crossbow Training manual, pg. 7)
- "It has more power and does more damage, but it takes a little while to charge up, so you can't fire it as frequently." (Link's Crossbow Training manual, pg. 7)
- "If you defeat an enemy that's flashing green, your weapon will turn into a rapid-fire crossbow, able to fire many shots in rapid succession." (Link's Crossbow Training manual, pg. 7)
- "Once you run out of automatic arrows, your crossbow will revert to normal." (Link's Crossbow Training manual, pg. 7)
- "It was the enchanted arrow..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power), pg. 6)