|Era||The Sky Era|
|Family||Unnamed Rescue Knight (grandson)|
Once the Bazaar is open, Link can talk to Croo, where he will tell the hero how to sleep in a bed to pass time. He also warns Link that Skyloft is different at night. If Link sits in the seat opposite to Croo, he congratulates his graduation and offers a drink. If Link denies the offer, Croo will feel insulted; but if Link accepts, Croo tells him that he could become a Rescue Knight if he works hard, and boasts that his grandson is one. Afterwards, he will invite Link to visit him again for information. Croo also provides additional pieces of wisdom, such as the nature of their home, Skyloft, and that Hylia is the one responsible for their lives on the floating island. Croo also tells Link of "ring-shaped rocks," which the hero can use to propel himself through the sky. He also tells Link about the usefulness of Stamina Potions that can be bought from the Potion Shop.
Croo's name is likely derived from crow, and possibly the cooing of birds.
|Names in Other Regions|
Croo concept art from Hyrule Historia
- "His name is Croo, and he is a retired individual. His grandson is a rescue knight who saves those who fall off of Skyloft." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Only one thing to do when you're tired: get some sleep. You can sleep anywhere there's a bed, you know? Skyloft is a different place after the sun goes down. It's no lie. Find a bed and take a nap to sleep until nightfall. There's all kinds of curious things to enjoy at night..." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Heh heh heh. Seems like you're on the road to success, little friend. How 'bout I buy us a beverage?" — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Hmph! No time for an old-timer... I see how it is." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "There's a good lad. Cheers! [...] That's the stuff! There we go! Let me give you some information you might find useful somewhere down the line. The Knight Academy and your friends attend produces some first-class Loftwing riders. Keep your nose to the grindstone, and you might find yourself soaring through the skies and protecting the good fold of Skyloft too. Don't know if you've met 'em or not, but the rescue knights save anyone clumsy enough to fall off of Skyloft. Only the Knight Academy's seniors are invited to join that group. They're the best of the best! You might just have what it takes to join them, but don't think it'll be easy. No slacking, you hear! Guess I should tell you my grandson's one of 'em! Heh heh heh." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Stop by and chat with me once in a while, you hear? I may be old, but I'm not boring." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Let me share a bit of wisdom with you. The sky is filled with floating islands of all shapes and sizes. Skyloft just happens to be the one we call home. And no one knows when they were created or just how it is they stay airborne. The only thing I can tell you with any certainty is that we owe all of it--and that includes our life here--to the generosity of the goddess." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Let me tell you something that may come in handy. When you're out on the skies, you might see ring-shaped rocks now and again. I've heard there's some kind of unknown energy that builds up in the center of those big rocks. So get this: if you fly your Loftwing through a hole, you'll come blasting out like you were shot out of a cannon. I hear all the hotshot knights use this trick to cover huge distances in a hurry." — Croo (Skyward Sword)
- "Listen--here's a little information you may find useful. Are you using those Stamina Potions they're selling over at the bazaar? It's great stuff! Drink some of that, and your stamina gauge doesn't empty out so darn fast. And it's not just for running, either! You can do spin attacks without getting tired so easily! I suggest you carry one around in case you tangle with something big and nasty." — Croo (Skyward Sword)