The Crenel Hermit resides high up on Mount Crenel. His cave abode is built into the Crenel Wall section of the mountain. Upon meeting Link, he notes that specific patterned walls about the face of Mount Crenel are susceptible to Bombs explosions, yielding secret passageways that hide Rupees and Pieces of Heart, among other rewards. Link can also Fuse Kinstones with him.
|Crenel Hermit (Figurine from The Minish Cap)|
|A hermit who lives on Mount Crenel.|
He has lots of Kinstone pieces.
He brags that he won the festival
tournament when he was younger.
- The Crenel Hermit boasts about winning the sword-fighting tournament at the Picori Festival when he was a child.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchEU||Ermite du Gonggle||Hermit of Gonggle|
|German||Eremit vom Gongol-Berg
|Hermit from Mount Crenel|
|Italian||Eremita del Monte Fez
Eremita Monte Fez
Asceta Monte Fez
|Hermit of Mount Crenel|
Hermit Mount Crenel
Mount Crenel Ascetic
|SpanishEU||Ermitaño del monte Gongol
Ermitaño de Gongol
|Hermit of mount Gongol|
Hermit of Gongol
Same as English
- "A hermit who lives on Mount Crenel. He has lots of Kinstone pieces. He brags that he won the festival tournament when he was younger." — Figurine (The Minish Cap)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 271 (TMC)
- "I'm the Crenel hermit. I left the world to pursue a life of quiet reflection. You seem to be but a child, and yet you climbed this forbidding mountain alone? I must reward your courage with a little information." — Crenel Hermit (The Minish Cap)
- "Have you not seen strange patterned walls as you climbed this mountain? Bombs! Bombs are the answer!" — Crenel Hermit (The Minish Cap)
- "You want to fuse Kinstones? Of course!" — Crenel Hermit (The Minish Cap)
- "I have an old Kinstone piece that I dug up somewhere around here. Do you want to fuse Kinstone pieces?" — Crenel Hermit (The Minish Cap)
- "Boy, when I was your age I was quite the little terror! I was tearing up opponents left and right at the Picori Festival tourney. Oh, I was really something back in the day..." — Crenel Hermit (The Minish Cap)