The Creation of the World, also known as the Creation Myth, is an event in The Legend of Zelda series.
During the Creation of the World, the three Golden Goddesses created Kingdom of Hyrule. Din created the land, Nayru created order, and Farore created all life.
The Goddesses then departed for the heavens. The Triforce was formed at the point where the goddesses left the world. Its resting place became the Sacred Realm.
Ocarina of Time
In Ocarina of Time, the Great Deku Tree recounts the full Creation of the World shortly before his death, after Link defeats Gohma.
In Twilight Princess, Lanayru tells Link a shortened version along with the Banishment of the Twili, after Link collects all the Tears of Light in the Lanayru region.
|Great Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time
Creation of Hyrule as told by the |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 11
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 12
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 "After the gods had finished their work, they left the world, but not before creating a symbol of their strength, a golden triangle known as the Triforce." (A Link to the Past manual, pg. 3)
- ↑ "The three great goddesses, their labors completed, departed for the heavens. And golden sacred triangles remained at the point where the goddesses left the world. Since then, the sacred triangles have become the basis of our world's providence. And, the resting place of the triangles has become the Sacred Realm." — Great Deku Tree (Ocarina of Time)
- ↑ "The lands where the goddesses descended came to be known as the Sacred Realm." — Lanayru (Twilight Princess HD)