Official artwork of Crayk
Bane of Courage
|Dungeon(s)||Temple of Courage|
When the battle starts, it turns invisible, but on the top screen, the room is shown from Crayk's viewpoint (presumably because of the second half of the Spirit of Courage it is guarding). When the top screen shows it charging at Link, the young hero must fire off an Arrow, (on the top screen, the player can see Link aiming at themselves) and it will withdraw into its shell. If Link fails to fire an arrow at it, Crayk will grab him, and Link must move the stylus back and forth in order to break free. When in its shell, Link can throw Bombs at it. Link can also use his Sword or Arrows to break the purple orbs surrounding its shell. Slashing it is easier, but more risky. Once every purple orb has been destroyed, Crayk's shell will fall off, leaving its tail vulnerable. The young hero must then fire arrows at Crayk to stun it and then slice its tail.
Throughout the battle, small creatures known as Crayklings roam the battle area. They resemble miniature, yellow versions of Crayk, and may be its offspring. Easily defeated, they drop Arrows and Hearts when killed, making them a valuable resource in addition to the Jars in the room.
Crayk's name is a possible reference to the crayfish, a crustacean resembling a lobster.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||甲殻巨大種 レヤード (Kōkaku Kyodaishu Reyādo)||Gigantic Crustacean: Reyādo|
|French||Crustère, fléau à pinces||Crustère, bane with pincers|
|German||Rejad, Krustentier des Mutes||Rejad, Crustacean of Courage|
|Italian||Crustula, re del coraggio|
|SpanishLA||Crayk, Soberano de la Furia||Crayk, Ruler of Rage|
- "Crayk" (Art & Artifacts (Dark Horse Books), pg. 310)
- "Watch out for little Crayklings that skitter about the area." (The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Prima Official Guide (Prima Games), pg. 161)
- "Dispatch each [Craykling] you see with a few sword strikes. They occasionally drop hearts and arrows for you to use!" (The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass Prima Official Guide (Prima Games), pg. 161)
- "They defeated the Cyclok... Crayk! Deep asleep in...The deep sea... Awaken! Your claws can shatter rocks. Use them...To crush these interlopers!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 89)
- "If you want the girl back, boy...Come to Molida Island." (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 93)
- "Is it making a... Nest?!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 97)
- "Look! It's the girl!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 97)
- "A bow?! Give me that! Use this, Boy!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 99)
- "Sand of Hours! We did it!" (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 101)
- "And that girl... She may look human, but that's just a disguise. She is your lost memory... Link defeated Crayk. Now no one can threaten you. Return to your original form." (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 103)
- "I am Ciela...The Spirit of Courage..." (Phantom Hourglass (Himekawa) (VIZ Media), pg. 104)