|Family||Tera (eldest sister)|
When first meeting Cotera, she is cocooned in a thorny flower bud and begs Link to listen as she explains her sad state. If he agrees, she introduces herself and tells him about her home.  Lack of travelers and offerings have left her utterly drained, giving her no choice but to ask for Link's help. She requests a number of rupees from the hero. The number changes based on how many Great Fairies Link has already helped. Cotera assures Link that she will aid him once she is back to her old self and extends a hand from the bud to accept his offering. Should he refuse to help her, she retracts her hand with disappointment.
Once Link gives her the appropriate amount of rupees, Cotera thanks him and is able to regain her power. She bursts from the renewed Great Fairy Fountain completely refreshed, expressing her joy. To thank him for his part in her rejuvenation, Cotera offers her assistance to Link in the form of enhancing his clothing.
Whenever Cotera uses her power, she urges Link to allow her to handle the work. Cotera will occasionally mention set bonuses when she enhances Link's clothing, pointing out how they work. Once Link decides to stop, Cotera will mention her sisters and request that he help them as well.
- "They say up behind those hills resides Kakariko's guardian spirit. I hear she's incredibly beautiful." — Dorian (Breath of the Wild)
- "Boy... Sweet boy... Please... Listen to my story..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "[Sure] I am the Great Fairy Cotera... This place was once a beautiful spring..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "But as time passed, fewer and fewer travelers arrived to offer me rupees. As a result, my power has abandoned me. I'm nearly powerless now, so I beg your help. I need rupees to become whole again." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "Once my power has been restored, I can help you do great things, boy. Now... If you have rupees, hand them over to me. Quickly!" — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "[I'll keep my rupees.] That is truly tragic..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thank you. You are too kind. Aah... The power... it's overflowing!!!" — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "HAHHHHH... Oh, what a feeling! That first breath of fresh air after an eternity of decay... It's just so intoxicating!" — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "Thanks to you, I've been returned to my former glory. And as they say--one good turn deserves another. I can help you, boy. Allow me to enhance your clothing. It's the least I can do, but I will need the necessary materials..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "All right, let me do my thing!" — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "All finished! Just a bit stronger... Oh... You've heard about set bonuses, right? How a set of clothes that have all been enhanced twice could have a bonus? But only if you wear the whole set! Well, and not all sets have a bonus..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)
- "I have sisters out there in the world. Like me, they've lost much of their power. If you were able to restore power to them as well, we'd be able to enhance your clothing even more... See you later..." — Cotera (Breath of the Wild)