Coro from Twilight Princess
Coro is a man with a large afro, which birds seem to have used as a nest. He is a horrible cook, and lives near the Faron Spring in the southern portion of Faron Woods, right outside of the Ordona Province. From there he sells Lantern Oil refills, either for empty Bottles or the Lantern itself. Early in the game, he kindly gives Link a free Lantern as part of a business tactic he is working on. He has an older sister named Iza and a younger sister called Hena, who also run their own businesses.
Coro sits in front of a cauldron filled with a Nasty Soup that cannot be scooped until heated with the Lantern. Link's reaction to the soup varies and it can sometimes even take Hearts rather than replenish them. The young businessman also has a pet Bird named Trill who watches over another shop in the northern part of Faron Woods. Trill comments on how his master never shows him any appreciation for watching the shop every day, and presumes that Coro probably did not get much appreciation either growing up. If Link steals from Trill's shop, Coro gets mad at Trill for letting that happen.
According to Hena, Coro is the only one in the family who is lousy at fishing, having to resort to using a Sinking Lure in order to catch a fish. Moreover, his sister considers Coro to be lazy and worthless since she sometimes asks him to help out at the Fishing Hole, but he never drops by.
During the end credits, Iza, Coro and Hena can be seen together relaxing at the Fishing Hole.
|Names in Other Regions|
|German||Coro||Same as English.|
- "Even though I watch after this shop every day, he never shows any appreciation... I think my master probably didn't get much praise growing up..." — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 276 (TP)
- "I'm trying to drum up sales by giving away free lanterns! It's a business tactic, guy!" — Coro (Twilight Princess)
- "You put nasty soup in the bottle! This is Coro's "special" recipe. [...] The only way to find out what it tastes like is to drink it." — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "The other day my master got mad at me for letting a thief steal stuff..." — Trill (Twilight Princess)
- "He's the only one in our family who's lousy at fishing. He only managed to catch that fish by using a sinking lure. Cheater..." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "Another thing about my lazy brother... I ask him to drop by and help out from time to time, but he never does. He can't fish a lick, so he spends his time in the woods, talking to the animals, I guess. Yeah, he's kinda worthless..." — Hena (Twilight Princess)
- "But me, I'm not worried about you, little guy. My older sister is much scarier than you." — Coro (Twilight Princess)