Community talk:The Sacred Realm
Has anyone made Lysia aware that this page exists? I can't think of anyone else who'd be better suited to making this article into what it should be. -- Xizor 09:27, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- I don't think Lysia saw it. I think I'll contact Lysia later or something about it. - AtrumLevis (My Talk Page) (My Contributions) 12:55, 10 May 2009 (UTC)
- I'm aware :-) I was hoping some of my forum members might edit it (to give them practise editing a Wiki), but I'm planning to edit this anyway as obviously I can expand on it, plus the original name of the site at launch isn't correct, it was actually just "The Legend of Zelda: Lysia's Website" lol! Shona 12:46, 11 May 2009 (UTC)
- Well then, as long as you know it's here. I've made a big deal about LoZ.com's page, and while I've done the majority of the work on it, I've encouraged all forum users to take part in it. There's always the possibility that someone knows something I don't! =P Anyhow, I'll be looking forward to see this page develop. -- Xizor 06:40, 13 May 2009 (UTC)
- You're correct, The Sacred Realm was the name of Zelda Central HQ's forums, run by AerithFreak. If you (or anyone else) were planning to create an article about those forums, I guess you'd call it something like "The Sacred Realm (Forums)" whereas this article is "The Sacred Realm (Site)". Although to be honest it would probably fit as a section within an article about Zelda Central HQ. My site launched in 2001, which puts it amongst the oldest Zelda sites, so I don't know if ZCHQ would have pre-dated it by much, if at all (I know it closed around 2005, but I'm not sure when it started). However, the use of the name The Sacred Realm is a lot more recent.
- For the record, I know that my site isn't the first Zelda site to have been named The Sacred Realm! In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if there'd been half a dozen or more created over the years, especially on free-hosting sites like Freewebs and Geocities. I thought long and hard before taking on the name, discussed it with several other Zelda webmasters, and I don't believe that I am stepping on their territory of any past site that may have had the name. No Zelda site had the domain www.sacredrealm/thesacredrealm.something, and other sites with a Sacred Realm domain actually aren't related to Zelda at all!
- Zelda place names can make good site names, but many of them aren't unique to one site. I've seen sites called "The Temple of Light", which also happens to be the name of the forums on Rauru's Return. The same happens with sites called Zelda Something, i.e. there's Zelda Temple of today run by Yusei, and the Zelda Temple of many years ago run by Joao Pinheiro.
- The nice thing about Wikis is we can always make dis-ambiguation pages if any confusion does arise! Shona 02:08, 10 August 2009 (UTC)
- Just to add to the discussion on names. I actually had planned to name my own site "The Sacred Realm" at once point. However, at the time (in 2002) there was another site already in existance using that name. So I settled for The Temple of Time. Of course, a month later another site was online called "Temple of Time." So to avoid confusion I just changed my own site's name. I picked up the name again after that site died off, but then another one popped up, this time with the templeoftime.com domain. It's just something that happens. :P --Yumil 03:33, 10 August 2009 (UTC)