The Comfork is an item in the A Link to the Past comic by Shotaro Ishinomori.[name reference needed] It is a crystal tuning fork that, when vibrating, allows people to communicate with other beings that are in different worlds.
After Link frees the Maiden from the Palace of Darkness, she thanks the young hero and grants him the Comfork. Later, the Comfork begins to ring and Link sees an image of Sahasrahla and the rest of his friends back in Kakariko. Although at first Sahasrahla disregards Link's voice as having been his imagination, Sahasrahla and the others eventually communicate with Link and discover that the Comfork allows them to speak with each other even though they are on different planes of existence.
Later, when Link and Epheremelda realize that the Swamp Palace is completely dried up, the young hero uses the Comfork to call Sahasrahla for help and ask him to investigate the area in the Light World. Using the device permits Link to eventually enter the inner portion of the palace and free another maiden.
- "Thank you, Link! Because of you I can escape this Crystal prison! Now, here is something that will help you--the Comm-Fork!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 16)
- "What's that noise? [...] Sahasrahla!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "I can see them...when the Comfork rings! The girl in the crystal wasn't kidding when she said it might be helpful!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 6)
- "Ahhh, it must be the magical comfork of legend! The vibrations of this crystal tuning fork can distort time and space... While the comfork vibrates, you can communicate with beings on different planes of existence..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 7)
- "Maybe Sahasrahla has an idea! I'll call him with the Comfork!" (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 11)
- "We found a large pool of water surrounded by statues, but nothing else of interest..." (A Link to the Past (Nintendo Power) pg. 12)