The Cloud Tops are located in the northeastern quadrant of Hyrule in The Minish Cap, above Veil Falls. They can only be accessed by the native Wind Tribe and "surface dwellers with pure heart". The Cloud Tops surround the home of the Wind Tribe, who reside within the Palace of Winds.
In The Force Era, the sky is inhabited by a group called the Wind Tribe. After living along with the Wind for ages, the tribe eventually gained mastery over it and abandoned the Wind Ruins for the skies taking their palace and Element, the Wind Element, with them.
While in search of the Wind Element, Link scours the Fortress of Winds, where he learns of the Wind Tribe's departure. Later in his search, the young hero finds that he must use the tornado nearby Veil Spring to access the Element. To reach the tornado, the young hero must ascend Veil Falls and jump into the vortex. After finding his way to the Cloud Tops, a member of the Wind Tribe expresses their surprise that someone else than one of the Wind Tribe could walk on the clouds, as only those with pure hearts may walk on the clouds. Link learns from the members of the Wind Tribe in the Tower of Winds that the Element he is seeking is inside the Palace of Winds, which is guarded by the Wind Tribe. Although the Wind Tribe has protected the Wind Element for ages, monsters has taken root inside, and the Gyorg Pair have taken hold of the Wind Element. Once Link defeats them, he obtains the Wind Element and returns to Melari's Mine to have the legendary Picori Blade fully restored.
The Cloud Tops are accessed by climbing all the way to the top of Veil Falls and jumping into a wind vortex, launching Link into the sky. Upon landing on a cloud, two members of the Wind Tribe, Gale and her sister, Hailey, are seen attempting to reach the Tower of Winds. Link must traverse the clouds seeking Golden Kinstones, which must be fused with five Mysterious Clouds to activate five small pinwheels located at the center of the Cloud Tops. When all five of these pinwheels are rotating, they create a vortex, which flings Link to the Palace of Winds.
In this region, there are clusters of hard clouds that require the Mole Mitts to destroy, an item that is used frequently throughout the Cloud Tops. Link must use the many smaller tornadoes in the area to float to other cloud masses in the Cloud Tops region that are too far away to access through jumping.
- The music heard in the Cloud Tops is a mixture of a remix of the first Legend of Zelda's overworld theme, and the title screen music.
- "That tornado near Veil Springs took us to this cloud world! Can you believe it? I don't know what awaits us next, but I can't wait to find out!" — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "I've never seen a surface dweller walk on clouds before! You must be quite pure of heart!" — Hailey (The Minish Cap)
- "The people who built the Wind Ruins. They now live above the clouds, suspended by their own magic ability to control the wind." — Wind Tribe Figurine Description (The Minish Cap)
- "We are the Tribe of the Winds. Long have we lived with the winds. We have mastered them. Now, we join them." — Stone tablet atop the Fortress of Winds (The Minish Cap)
- "Although we are of the Wind Tribe, we, too, once lived on the surface. Once, the place you call the Wind Ruins was, to us, a home." — Caprice (The Minish Cap)
- "I do believe this is where the Tribe of the Winds once lived. Hm... So they've left for the heavens, and taken their element with them." — Ezlo (The Minish Cap)
- "Our tribe abandoned the place you call the Wind Ruins... With our magic, we moved our palace up into the skies. We are the Wind Tribe." — Siroc (The Minish Cap)
- "In this tower dwell the people of the Wind Tribe. We left your surface world long ago to serve a greater duty. We now protect the gate to the Palace of Winds, where the Wind Element lies." — Strato (Skyward Sword)
- "This is the home of the Wind Tribe. We left the surface long ago. Now, we guard the entrance to the Palace of Winds... ...In this palace, the Wind Element resides." — N/A (The Minish Cap)
- "The Wind Tribe lives here! They protect the path to the Palace of Winds, where the Wind Element lies!" — Strato (The Minish Cap)
- "You see, I went down to the surface with my sister for the Picori Festival... But on our way home, we lost the wind entirely! Now, we can't get home!" — Gale (The Minish Cap)
- "I bet if I could just fuse a Kinstone, I could call a good homeward wind... But there are monsters about, so I can't search for kinstones. And even if I could, I still can't find anyone to fuse them with! But you look pretty strong!" — Hayley (The Minish Cap)
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||雲の上 (Kumonoue)||Above the Clouds|
|FrenchEU||Au-dessus des Nuages||Over the Clouds|
|Italian||Oltre le nuvole||Beyond the Clouds|
|Locations in The Minish Cap|
|Click on a location|