Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Use(s)||Separating The Surface from The Sky|
Location and Uses
Because the Loftwings will not fly through the Cloud Barrier, many of the Skyloftians are unaware of what lies below the clouds and believe it to be a forsaken and barren place. After Link meets Fi and retrieves the Goddess Sword from inside the Statue of the Goddess, Fi gives him the Emerald Tablet to illuminate a path through the clouds to reach the Faron Woods and thus begin his search for Zelda. Each time Link places an Ancient Tablet in the altar inside the Goddess Statue, a Column of Light will appear and create an opening through the Cloud Barrier, allowing Link to go through the obstacle and reach The Surface by dropping off near the column with the aid of his Loftwing.
|Names in Other Regions|
- "Until now, a cloud barrier created by the goddess has separated the world you know from the one below." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "Some say that it's an empty, barren place, or even that there's nothing at all down below, but I just have this feeling that they're wrong. [...] The thing is, no one's ever been down there to see it, and our Loftwings won't fly through the cloud barrier." — Zelda (Skyward Sword)
- "This is no easy task, Link. The world below is a forsaken place, and to reach it you must pierce the cloud barrier below. In living memory, no one has ever done this." — Gaepora (Skyward Sword)
- "This tablet will illuminate a path through the clouds to the land below. Take it, and place it within the altar behind me." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "The tablet you placed in the altar has opened a small rift in the cloud barrier. You can use it to travel through the clouds to the realm below." — Fi (Skyward Sword)
- "A column of light has appeared to the southwest of our location, and signs indicate that it has created an opening in the cloud barrier to the land below." — Fi (Skyward Sword)