|Cloud is never seen in the book|
Cloud is Link's horse and is first mentioned in the first page of the book as Link and her are traveling through the Midoro Swamp. Throughout the book, Cloud provides easy transportation for Link, especially when traveling to the Water Town of Saria to retrieve the Mirror of Truth. Cloud also served as a quick means of escape when Link was ambushed by the Moblins in Midoro Swamp later in the book.
Towards the end of the book, when Charles of Moria is revealed to be Ganon, Link mounts Cloud to follow Charles's tracks into the Midoro Swamp, where the young hero successfully defeats Ganon and safely retrieves the Triforce of Wisdom with a small aid from his horse.
- "Come on girl, he says to Cloud. We're almost there." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 120)
- "There's no time for detours, Link says, and spurs Cloud into the Midoro Swamp." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 1)
- "Woops! I think it's time for a fast exit now, he says. He urges Cloud to a gallop and they race out of the swamp, leaving the howling moblin behind." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 41)
- "Link leans forward in the saddle and squeezes his horses's sides with his knees. She stretches her legs and runs as fast as she can across grassy pastures, down dirt roads, through small towns. Link follows Charles's tracks to the Midoro Swamp." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 48)
- "Link jumps to his feet on Cloud's back, does a somersault over the swarm of Moblin and lands in front of Charles." (The Shadow Prince (Mammoth) pg. 96)