Chef Bear resides in a house located in the southeastern corner of Animal Village. She can be found cooking and talking about opening a branch in Mabe Village. She is very amiable to Link and offers him advice on how he can get past the Walrus that blocks Yarna Desert. She is very fond of Marin, and like other residents she refers to her as "Little Marin".
She is also essential for completing the Trading Quest, as she has run out of ingredients. She asks Link to give her the Honeycomb he obtained from Tarin. In exchange, she gives Link a Pineapple. She believes Honeycombs to be a rare delicacy.
- Chef Bear is one of the few residents of Animal Village that does not leave her home when Marin visits.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||クマ (Kuma) (LA)|
クマのコック (Kuma no Kokku) (LANS)
|German||Küchenchef Bär (LANS)||Chef Bear|
|Italian||Orso cuoco (LANS)||Chef Bear|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 233 (LA)
- The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening — Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 47
- "My ultimate plan is to open a branch in Mabe Village!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hi ho! Yeah, I know, that tub of goo is asleep right in the way to Yarna Desert! Once he's asleep he won't budge for a loooooonng time. But hey! Take Little Marin and wake him up with her song! That slob would wake up with a jump if he heard her sing, for sure! Heh heh heh!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "HI HO! Little Marin! Welcome! ... ... ... ... Oh, shucks! You are here too... Sorry..." — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Rik'm rak'm! I ran out of ingredients! If I had honey, I could make this fit for a king!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "Hi ho! Hey you! Is that possibly a you have? I just ran out! Will you swap it for a pineapple?" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)
- "That's a crying shame, but I realize those are a rare delicacy!" — Chef Bear (Link's Awakening DX)