Artwork of Link wearing the Champion's Tunic from Breath of the Wild
Kakariko Village (BotW)
The Champion's Tunic,(BotW | Skyrim) also known as the Era of the Wilds Tunic,(HWDE) and the Champion's Outfit,(SSBU) is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series. The Champion's Tunic goes unnamed in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.
Location and Uses
Breath of the Wild
The Champion's Tunic is obtained from Impa in Kakariko Village after Link relives one of his Recovered Memories. The Champion's Tunic mirrors the signature blue cloth worn by the other Champions, which are decorated with the symbol of the respective tool each Champion must wield against Calamity Ganon. As Link is the Hylian Champion, it is marked with the silhouette of the Master Sword. According to its description, it is only given to individuals who have won the respect of the Royal Family of Hyrule.
When worn, the Champion's Tunic gives Link the ability to see an enemy's life gauge. The Champion's Tunic has the highest potential defense of any Armor present in the game, with a maximum defense of 32. It cannot be Dyed at the Kochi Dye Shop, nor can it be sold. The Champion's Tunic is not part of any Armor Set, though it consistently appears matched with the Hylian Trousers in promotional media, in each of Link's Recovered Memories and at the end of the game if Link has recovered all of his lost Memories. Similarly, the two aformentioned pieces of Armor are also paired with the Hylian Hood when Link is seen on horseback in promotional media.
|Level||Defense||Upgrade Cost||Resale Value||Description|
|5||—||—||In ancient Hyrule, this garment could only be worn by one who had earned the respect of the royal family. Equipping it will reveal an enemy's life gauge.|
|★||8||×3||Silent Princess||—||In ancient Hyrule, only those respected by the royal family could wear this garment. A Great Fairy has increased its defense by one level.|
|★★||14||×3||Silent Princess||—||In ancient Hyrule, only those respected by the royal family could wear this garment. A Great Fairy has increased its defense by two levels.|
|×2||Shard of Farosh's Horn|
|★★★||22||×3||Silent Princess||—||In ancient Hyrule, only those respected by the royal family could wear this garment. A Great Fairy has increased its defense by three levels.|
|×2||Shard of Naydra's Horn|
|★★★★||32||×10||Silent Princess||—||In ancient Hyrule, only those respected by the royal family could wear this garment. A Great Fairy has increased its defense to the maximum level.|
|×2||Shard of Dinraal's Horn|
The Champion's Tunic from Village Vanguard
- "Champion's Tunic" — Chest (Skyrim)
- "Now then... Let me see. Aha! This is, without a doubt, the Camera that Princess Zelda used 100 years ago. ... It could be that if you visit the locations within those pictures, you will be able to restore some of your lost memories. Come back here once you have tried going to at least one of those locations. There is something I wish to give to you." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "Now that you have seen some of the princess's memories, you must have started to remember certain things... Here. I will hand this over to you now, before I forget." — Impa (Breath of the Wild)
- "In ancient Hyrule, this garment could only be worn by one who had earned the respect of the royal family. Equipping it will reveal an enemy's life gauge." — Inventory (Breath of the Wild)
- "The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for the Nintendo Switch includes all-new gameplay features like motion controls for combat and lockpicking, outfits and gear from The Legend of Zelda, plus additional loot unlocked from compatible The Legend of Zelda Amiibos. Take down enemies with the Master Sword, protect yourself with the Hylian Shield or look heroic in the Champion’s Tunic. Skyrim also includes all official add-ons – Dawnguard, Hearthfire, and Dragonborn." — The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim for Nintendo Switch, The Elder Scrolls Official Site, published June 12, 2017, retrieved June 12, 2017.
- "The Champion's Tunic, the Hylian Shield, and the Master Sword can be acquired by tapping a compatible Legend of Zelda amiibo figure. Or, you can always seek out these treasures as you explore the vast world." — Nintendo, Nintendo Direct 9.13.2017, YouTube (Video), published September 13, 2017, retrieved September 13, 2017.