Chamber of Giants
|Chamber of Giants|
The Chamber of Giants is a mystical environment Link enters in Majora's Mask. Each time he defeats a Boss dwelling in one of Termina's four Temples and acquires its Remains, Link frees one of the Four Giants and meets it here. The true nature of this chamber is something of a mystery, and whether it is actually a physical location or something that exists on an incorporeal plain is not revealed.
Each time Link visits this chamber, the surroundings change slightly to reflect the nature of the Temple he has just cleansed. When he meets the first Giant, the sky and clouds of the room are green, to reflect the Woodfall Temple; when he meets the second Giant, they are white, to reflect the Snowhead Temple; the third, blue, to reflect the Great Bay Temple; the fourth, yellow, to reflect the Stone Tower Temple. Alternately, as Link never meets more than one Giant at a time in this chamber, each of these locations could be a different place. Tatl has to interpret for Link on these occasions, as he does not understand the Giant's wailing language.
The first time Link meets a giant here after defeating the Woodfall Temple, he learns the Oath to Order, a mystical melody he can use to call the Giants once they are all free. During his second visit, the Giant reveals their nature as protective gods of the people. On the third visit, Tatl implores them to intervene on behalf of the world on the condition that she and Link free the last Giant. Finally, on the last visit, the Giant instructs Link and Tatl to call them, but also tells them to forgive their friend.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Certain aspects of the Chamber of Giants, such as its storytelling function, ethereal appearance, and circumstances surrounding encounters with it are reminiscent of the Chamber of Sages from Ocarina of Time.
- Regardless of the order in which Link clears the dungeons of Termina, the Chamber of Giants will always have the same order of color schemes, meaning green will always come first, followed by white, and then blue and finally yellow. This would seem to imply that the color of the chamber has no relation to the region Link had just cleared, or else that it is simply an oversight on the part of the developers.
- "Wait...Listen... It seems to be saying something... Could that crying be its way of teaching us some sort of melody? Don't just stand there... Get your instrument... "Call us." ...That's what it's saying." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "W-What exactly are all of you? "Guardians." Guardians? So...You're protective gods? That's why you're in the temples... But...why are the protective gods...? No, wait! Are you listening to me? Hey! Wait..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Hey, listen. We want you to lend us your power! If you just leave things as they are, something terrible will happen to this world! Surely, you're the only ones who can stop it! That's what Tael was trying to tell us! "Help our friend." I get it. We have to help the last one! Then promise us this... You'll cooperate with us..." — Tatl (Majora's Mask)
- "Well, we've helped all of you. That's all we can do. "Call us." That's what they're saying. Without being told, we understand. So now you'll help us out in exchange! We'll call you from atop the Clock Tower, so do something about him, all right? What? Their voices sound sad... You don't want to? "Forgive your friend." Forgive our friend? What do you mean by forgive? Huh? What friend?" — Tatl (Majora's Mask)