Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Features and Overview
The Castle Town Central Square is the busiest section of Hyrule Castle Town in Twilight Princess. A fountain bearing the Hylian Crest rests in the middle, while a cafe bar can be found in the west portion of the Square. Near the cafe is an entrance to the viewing platform, where Link can view the entire Central Square as well as buy a variety of wares from Gorons. Some musicians are situated near the entrance to Hyrule Castle, and farther back is a young Hylian, Soal, who will polish Link's shoes for just 10 Rupees, thus allowing the young hero to enter Chudley's Fine Goods and Fancy Trinkets Emporium.
The cafe bar is one of Castle Town's oldest shops, so most of its customers are regulars. The cafe bar does not play an important role in Link's journey, but he can visit the cafe bar to hear the latest gossip from its customer. The customers at the cafe will also advise Link on which places to visit, such as the viewing platform to the side of the cafe or Fanadi's Palace.
Breath of the Wild
The Central Square is located at the center of the Hyrule Castle Town Ruins in Hyrule Field in Breath of the Wild. It was once a place for rest, but became the starting grounds of the Guardians' rampage across Hyrule at the advent of the second Great Calamity. The ruins of a large stone fountain featuring three large birds sits in the middle, marking the center of the Square and the surrounding Town Ruins.
- BotW Pool of Malice Model.png
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||中央広場跡 (Chūō Hiroba Ato) (BotW)||Central Square Ruins|
- "Central Square" — Map (Breath of the Wild)
- "Castle Town Central Square" — N/A (Twilight Princess)
- "The entrance to the viewing platform is on the side of this cafe. I heard that Gorons have been selling their wares there lately. If you want to get to the bar, use the southern thoroughfare. Swordsmen like yourself tend to gather there." — Woman (Twilight Princess)
- "Hey, you! Your shoes are grimy! I'll polish 'em for you for 10 Rupees." — Soal (Twilight Princess)
- "This is one of the older shops in Castle Town, so most of our customers are regulars... Though most of them are gossips..." — Woman (Twilight Princess)
- "Through the door on the side of this cafe is the viewing platform. Have you seen it already?" — Man (Twilight Princess)
- "You know the fortune-teller's place on the southern thoroughfare? She's amazingly accurate!" — Woman (Twilight Princess)
- Breath of the Wild – Creating a Champion (Dark Horse Books), pg. 394