The Celestial Sign of Earth
The Celestial Signs are the seven Quest Items that appear in Zelda's Adventure. They are treasured artifacts stolen by Ganon and given to his followers, the Shrine Keepers, to guard in Tolemac's Shrines. Zelda must retrieve them to save the land.
The Signs are stone wedges that each bear a unique symbol engraved upon them, which also appear throughout the respective Shrine they are found in, as well as on the stone slabs of the Vision Henge. The Signs form a complete circle when they are united.
The seven Celestial Signs must be retrieved to confront Ganon in the final battle. After defeating a boss, Zelda can proceed to the altar room where the Shrine's Celestial Sign is kept. Gaspra will then telepathically communicate with Zelda, telling her where she should go next, before she reappears outside the Shrine. When Zelda finds the final Celestial Sign, a shadowy hand belonging to Ganon prevents her from taking it, and sends her falling into the newly opened Vision Henge and into his realm. There Zelda fights the Shrine Keepers again in a series of rematches before finally confronting Ganon. Despite this, the last Sign still appears in the inventory screen reunited with the rest.
List of Signs
Sign of Earth
Sign of Illusion
Sign of Air
Sign of Destiny
Sign of Water
Sign of Strength
Sign of Fire
The Sign of Fire is the seventh and last Celestial Sign. It is located in the Shrine of Fire guarded by Warbane. Its symbol resembles a triangle with a cross on the top. Once collected, Zelda will automatically be sent to the Vision Henge where she faces the Shrine Keepers and ultimately Ganon.
- "Ah, the Scroll of Shurmak, bearer of sad news these many years ago. And so it was that Gannon, Lord of Darkness, had taken over Tolemac. He had stolen the treasured Celestial Signs and captured Link! A brave warrior would have to be found to face this evil monster... And so I've found this champion of strength and courage. It is you, Princess Zelda. With this magic pendant go forth. And with each Sign you gather so too will you gain knowledge. Find your magic wand, use it wisely, and listen to your allies along the way. Go now, my princess; restore the Celestial Signs and rescue Link!" — Gaspra (Zelda's Adventure)
- "Zelda, life is always one order more horrifying than you expect. The great evil Ganon spoiled your victory. Make haste! Do not let him out of your sight." — Gaspra (Zelda's Adventure)
- "Do not come in here! You are not wanted. I am Llort, and this is my shrine, all mine!" — Llort (Zelda's Adventure)
- "Look beyond illusion to conquer the evil Pasquinade. Deception is all around you." — Shurmak (Zelda's Adventure)
- "So you found Malmord's home at last! Now touch your wand to the stone to the right. For I am Malmord, who controls future and past! And I will make us even in magic and might!" — Malmord (Zelda's Adventure)
- "I am Agwanda, and this is my realm! I control the waters of life and renewal. I will dry up even your tears, little one!" — Agwanda (Zelda's Adventure)
- "Your commitment to your quest is tested here with the ruthless Warbane. Only your passion to rescue Link and save Tolemac will defeat his fiery battles." — Shurmak (Zelda's Adventure)