Location and Uses
Cawlin's Letter is a love letter written by Cawlin to Karane. If Link walks near the restroom in the Knight Academy at night, he will hear a mysterious moaning. If he tries to open the door, someone inside will ask for paper. Later, Link can talk to Cawlin near the restroom to receive his letter, which he must deliver to Karane. If Link looks towards the restroom, Cawlin will reprimand him for thinking of using it as toilet paper.
If Link delivers the letter to Karane, she will jokingly consider going out with Cawlin and then wonder what Pipit thinks. Following this, if Link tells Pipit about the letter, he will interrupt a meeting between Karane and Cawlin and proclaim his love for her. Afterwards, Karane accepts his love, causing Cawlin to run away crying. Pipit then gives Link five Gratitude Crystals for helping them get together. Cawlin can later be found crying in Groose's room.
Link can alternatively give the letter to Phoeni. Afterwards, she can be found in Groose's room, stroking Cawlin while he sleeps, having been moved by the letter he wrote. She will then give Link five Gratitude Crystals for helping her fall in love with Cawlin.
|Names in Other Regions|
|FrenchCA||Lettre d'Orbo||Orbo's Letter|
|SpanishLA||Carta de Corvy||Corvy's Letter|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 119 (SS)
- "Oooooh... Somebody... Please, somebody help me..." — Phoeni (Skyward Sword)
- "Oooh... Paper... Please... Somebody bring me paper... Bring me some paper... Any kind of paper at all... Ooooh..." — Phoeni (Skyward Sword)
- "So listen up... Your mission is to take this piece of paper to a certain person! It's a very important piece of paper! Make SURE you deliver it." — Cawlin (Skyward Sword)
- "So listen up! The person you must give it to is a girl... A senior student... Her name is Karane." — Cawlin (Skyward Sword)
- "You fool! How dare you! This is no ordinary piece of paper! It's a letter! A very special one at that! I put my heart into every word... I guess you could say it's sort of like a... All right, fine! It's a love letter! And that is why you will not, under any circumstances, EVER allow it to be used as toilet paper! Do you hear me?!" — Cawlin (Skyward Sword)
- "I have to say, he really put his heart into it and everything... I don't know... Maybe I should consider going out with Cawlin. ...Hah! As if! Sigh... I wonder what Pipit would think if he knew about this..." — Karane (Skyward Sword)
- "Wait! I think you should go out with me instead! I mean...er...I want to ask you out!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "When you told me about the letter, it was at that moment I finally realized. I realized that...I love her. I thought to myself, "I can't let anyone else take her from me!"" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "If you hadn't told me, I might never have even noticed my own feelings for her. I'm so grateful. I don't know how I can ever thank you!" — Pipit (Skyward Sword)
- "Ah... You're the one from the other day... It's good to see you again... Actually, thanks to you, I met my true love... Yes, him... It all started with that letter that you gave me... Those beautiful words of affection caused me to fall hopelessly in love... Ahh, my heart is bursting with thoughts of him... I feel so excited, so cheerful, so full of life..." — Phoeni (Skyward Sword)