In the next few weeks, your wiki will be migrated to a Fandom.com domain. Learn more here.
Essentially a large Wizard, this boss guards the Maze Island Palace, and can be defeated only by using the Reflect Spell to turn his own magic attacks against him. Carock throws his attacks and warps at a very high rate, so Link must defeat him quickly before it is too late.
- Carock is the first boss in the series whose defeat requires turning his own magic against him, later expanded upon with Agahnim before becoming common in later games.
- Carock bears a resemblance to the Magician who tricked the Prince and placed Princess Zelda under a sleeping spell. Despite the similarity, they cannot be one and the same, as Carock is one of the guardians of the temples that protect the Triforce of Courage, created by the King of Hyrule himself, while the Magician not only was responsible for Zelda's current situation, but had died as a result of casting the curse.
|Names in Other Regions|
- NES Game Atlas (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 68
- The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 35
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 170