Essentially a large Wizard, this boss guards the Maze Island Palace, and can be defeated only by using the Reflect Spell to turn his own magic attacks against him. Carock throws his attacks and warps at a very high rate, so Link must defeat him quickly before it is too late.
- Carock is the first boss in the series whose defeat requires turning his own magic against him, later expanded upon with Agahnim before becoming common in later games.
- Carock bears a resemblance to the Magician who tricked the Prince and placed Princess Zelda under a sleeping spell. Despite the similarity, they cannot be one and the same, as Carock is one of the guardians of the temples that protect the Triforce of Courage, created by the King of Hyrule himself, while the Magician not only was responsible for Zelda's current situation, but had died as a result of casting the curse.
- Carock is referred to as a Wizzrobe in the NES Game Atlas and The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide despite the smaller wizard enemies in the palace never being referred to as Wizzrobes.
|Names in Other Regions|
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 170
- "To defeat the sly and quick Wizzrobe, Carock, Link must use Reflect. After activating the spell, crouch at the left of the screen and wait for the magic to give the Wiz some of his own medicine." (NES Game Atlas (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 68)
- "Carock is an over-grown Wizzrobe who appears, fires a beam at you and disappears. Cast the Reflect spell and keep your Life spell handy. His attacks are powerful." (The Legend of Zelda: Collector's Edition: The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Co., Ltd.) pg. 35)