Viscen, as seen in-game
|Era||Era of the Hero of Time|
Captain Viscen is the leader and recruiter of the Clock Town guards. He is first seen in the Mayor's Official Residence, arguing with Mutoh regarding what's best for the safety of Clock Town's residents. He proposes an evacuation of Clock Town's public servants and committee members, though Mutoh claims that everyone is most secure inside the town's walls.
After Link shows the Couple's Mask to Mayor, he comes to the decision that the town's residents should flee if they see fit. Later, Viscen may be found outside the office, sullen over the fact that some residents choose to remain. His supporter can be found standing with him, asking how they should proceed following the meeting with the mayor. If Link fails to show the Couple's Mask to the Mayor, the Carnival of Time will proceed, likely indicating that the Mayor either sided with Mutoh or came to the neutral decision on his own. In this scenario, Viscen may be found outside of the Mayor's office on the night of the third day with the same angered, yet dutiful demeanor.
- Captain Viscen shares the same character model as the Hyrule Castle guards from Ocarina of Time.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||バイセン隊長 (Baisen Taichō)||Commander Viscen|
|FrenchEU||Capitaine Viscen||Same as English.|
|German||Hauptmann Viscen||Same as English.|
|Italian||Capitano Viscen (MM3D)|
The soldier recruitment poster in South Clock Town
- "Recruiting Soldiers!
Protect peace and uphold justice with us!
Corps Recruiter, Viscen" — Poster (Majora's Mask)
- "Viscen" (Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books), pg. 245(MM))
- "Most of the townsfolk already have taken shelter without waiting for the Mayor's orders. The only ones left are public servants and committee members... Mr. Mayor and Carnival Committee Members, please order those who remain to evacuate!" — Captain Viscen (Majora's Mask)
- "You cowards! Do you actually believe the moon will fall? The confused townsfolk simply caused a panic by believing this ridiculous, groundless theory. The soldiers couldn't prevent the panic, but outside the town walls is where the danger is! You want answers? The answer is that the carnival should not be canceled!" — Mutoh (Majora's Mask)
- "The Couple's Mask. What a nice reminder...So, a young couple has been married. [...] Yes, yes, everyone. We are all worried for our families. Why don't we end this meeting? [...] This will do. Whether you're stubborn and will stay and guard your family, or if you'd prefer to run far away and seek shelter... That is for people to decide on their own." — Mayor Dotour (Majora's Mask)
- "...The Mayor's orders are absolute! [...] ...Standing by! Cripes!" — Captain Viscen (Majora's Mask)