|Use(s)||Communicating with Stalchildren|
Going unnoticed by ReDeads
The Captain's Hat is a recurring item in The Legend of Zelda series.
Location and Uses
Happy Mask Salesman's Comment
The Captain's Hat is obtained after Link awakens and defeats Captain Keeta. Link must awaken Captain Keeta from where he rests near the Ikana Graveyard using the "Sonata of Awakening." After he defeats Captain Keeta, he will submit to Link's power, and tell him of the defeat he suffered while serving as the commander of the Ikana Army. After making his final request, he shows the hero a Treasure Chest containing the Captain's Hat and takes his leave. Link must then use the Hookshot or jump across the bridge guardrails to claim it.
The Captain's Hat is designed to resemble Captain Keeta, and as such, displays itself as a symbol of authority. When Link wears it, he is immediately mistaken for Captain Keeta. This causes Stalchildren to not attack Link, and also allows him to communicate with them and take command. This can be used in the Ikana Graveyard to open the graves that lead Beneath the Graveyard. In here, Link can find the "Song of Storms," a Piece of Heart, and a Bottle (or another Piece of Heart in Majora's Mask 3D). Link can also use the Captain's Hat in the Oceanside Spider House to obtain another Piece of Heart by solving the secret puzzle of the house.
The Captain's Hat can also be used to make ReDeads dance, ignoring Link.
- If Link wears the Captain's Hat during the battle with Igos du Ikana, he will think that Link is Captain Keeta. The game will go into a short cutscene before returning to the battle.
- The Captain's Hat is one of six masks that are necessary to complete the game, the others being the three transformation masks, the Garo's Mask, and the Gibdo Mask.
|Names in Other Regions|
|Japanese||隊長のボウシ (Taichou no Boushi) (MM)
隊長のボウシ風 (Taichou no Boushi-Fuu) (HW)
Commander's Hat Style
|FrenchCA||Heaume du Capitaine (MM3D | HW)||Captain's Helm|
|FrenchEU||Heaume du Capitaine||Captain's Helm|
|German||Helm des Hauptmanns||Captain's Helm|
|Italian||Cappello del Capitano (MM3D | HW)||Captain's Hat|
|Korean||대장 모자 스타일 (Daejang Moja Seutail) (HWL)||Captain's Hat Style|
|SpanishEU||Casco del Capitán||Captain's Helmet|
|SpanishLA||Casco del Capitán (MM3D | HW)||Captain's Helmet|
- "Wait! It is my loss! Sheathe your weapon..." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- "I commanded the Ikana Army of Ikana Kingdom atop the hill. I am called Skull Keeta. Since being shamed by loss in a battle within my kingdom... I have waited here for one to come and awaken my soul." — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- "Young swordsman who has awakened and deftly defeated me... I shall rely on your power to fulfill my request. I ask you to take my soul, which rests in the fiercely burning flame... And convey my words to my men, who, even in death, remain loyal to me. Tell them the war has ended... Then I shall be able to drift quietly into sleep... Captain, sir! May I take leave, sir?" — Captain Keeta (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you!" — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Ah! Captain, sir! It's been a long time since we've seen you! As you have ordered, sir, we are investigating the secrets of this place." — Stalchild (Majora's Mask)
- "Trick the king into thinking he's seeing a child-sized version of Captain Keeta by wearing the Captain's Hat during your bone-rattling battle with the skeletal Stalfos knights and Igos himself. When the king sees you up close, he'll give you a shocked and silly reaction." (The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Official Nintendo Player's Guide (Nintendo Power), pg. 134)
- "Ohhh! Keeta! Is it not Captain Keeta?!? ...............But you're so... ...T-Tiny!!! I was nearly fooled by what you have done..." — Igos du Ikana (Majora's Mask)
|Masks in Majora's Mask|