Candy (The Wind Waker)
Candy can be found standing at the dock on Windfall Island, looking out to sea. When Link speaks to him, he comments on the direction in which the wind is blowing, and describes to him of an island of interest in that direction. Though he appears older, he is actually only 17.
The wind directions and the islands he comments on are as follows:
- North: Gale Isle
- Northeast: None directly, but possibly a reference to the Seven-Star Isles
- Northwest: Northern Fairy Island
- East: Fire Mountain
- West: Spectacle Island
- Southeast: Private Oasis
- Southwest: Stone Watcher Island, or possibly Headstone Island
- South: Ice Ring Isle
|Candy the Sailor (Figurine from The Wind Waker)|
Candy the Sailor
|Birthplace: Windfall Island|
Good at Cooking: Grapes
At first glance, Candy looks a little intimidating, but he's actually extremely kind and quite knowledgeable. He's always happy to share his knowledge, too.
He is energetic and sort of a scamp for a seventeen year old.
|Names in Other Regions|
|This table was generated using translation pages.|
To request an addition, please a staff member with a reference.
- "At first glance, Candy looks a little intimidating, but he's actually extremely kind and quite knowledgeable. He's always happy to share his knowledge, too. He's energetic and sort of a scamp for a seventeen year old." — Figurine (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Dark Horse Books) pg. 258 (TWW)
- "Right now the wind is blowing to the north. Say, that reminds me... There's an island to the north that blasts out mighty gusts of wind. Aye, a mysterious place... No one can get near it... It's like the very breath of the earth is gushing out from the bellows of the world. I tell you, laddie, that's no average wind! I don't think anyone could fight through that wind - not unless he were a real hefty bloke. Even a guy like me would be blown back like a feather! And I'm a burly sort!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "So the wind is blowing to the northeast? A nor'easter, is it, laddie? Y'know, when you're out at sea at night, and you take a look at the sky, the stars are just amazing. In fact, when the weather is fair, you can see the Big Dipper up there. I don't know why that just sprung to mind, to tell you the truth. You can see the Big Dipper anywhere, not just northeast of here." — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "So the wind is blowing to the northwest now, is it? Interesting, laddie! Aye, now that I think about it... There's a strangely magical island northwest of here. It's the kind of place that feels like it came straight out of a fairy tale. Why, I've even got mates who claim to have seen fairies on that island...but who knows whether they're telling the truth or not. The boys are prone to...boasting a wee bit." — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "So, the wind blows east, does it, laddie? Have you seen the mountain far to the east of this island? The volcanic isle that spews molten lava?! Oh, not a nice place! Legend tells of a powerful treasure that lies waiting for one who can brave the very bowels of the earth and lay claim to it! Aye, that tale's famous amongst us sailors! That treasure... If the rumors are true, it can turn you into a titan! Aye! It bestows so much strength upon you, you could lift stones the size of small islands, laddie!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "The wind is blowing west today, laddie! Ah, west... There's a mighty interesting island due west of here. Aye, so there is. There's a gigantic cannon on it, and it's manned by a suspicious-looking bloke. Rumor has it, he's got something mighty peculiar that he's showing off there. I sure wouldn't mind taking a gander at whatever it is myself, laddie!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "So the wind blows to the southeast, does she? Southeast... Now that I think about it, I recall seeing the strangest of houses on a lonely little isle to the south. It seemed downright out of place to me, laddie... I don't know what kind of fool goes building a cabana in these treacherous seas... But whoever did it has got some nerve, I tell you! Oh, aye!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "Y'know, laddie, I've seen some odd things, but nothing so odd as this one island. It was far, far to the south of this town, and it was home to this humongous head! I've got to say, laddie, it looked to me like that head was on watch...like there was something that it was guarding... Maybe something below it... But I never confirmed my suspicions. That stone head was so heavy, I almost threw my back out trying to move it! Aye, you'd need unnatural strength to lift that thing!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- "Not many know of it, but there's an island of ice far to the south. Aye, it's said to be wrapped in a biting blizzard so nasty, it can freeze visitors solid in their tracks! But there's said to be a great treasure hidden there, amongst the savage snows. Or so the sailors tell... Why, I've heard just getting your hands on that treasure makes you sturdy enough to stand in the face of the fiercest winds!" — Candy (The Wind Waker)
- Encyclopedia (Les Éditions Soleil) pg. 258